BT Development Mentor Program Archives » UltraIronJen's Club - FULL Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 7

2008-03-27 9:24 PM
in reply to: #1123569

User image

Kansas
Subject: RE: UltraIronJen's Club - FULL
Went to the pool and actually felt like I am making progress.  Or maybe it was the guy in the lane next to me...I was swimming really easy I think, but I was kicking his butt! It sure made me feel pretty good today at least! Got some good swimming advice on my session the next time so I'm anxious to get back to the pool and try out what the swim coach suggested.  Still losing weight. I'm ever so close to getting to my final weight. The last 10 to 12 lbs is gonna be the hardest. I had to trade in my swimsuit for another one because I was suffering from some bagging in the butt and it was getting too loose on top. Hey, maybe THAT'S why I was swimming circles around that guy today!?  Hope everyone is doing okay. It's hard when you've got younger ones at home so I can understand why some of you gals struggle with training. I'm lucky my youngest is 13...at least as far as being more free to train. I don't know that it's EASIER with a teenager! But, hey, let us know what's happening!

2008-03-30 8:42 PM

User image

Master
Finally north of the Mason-Dixon Line

I'm back.  I was out all last week finalizing the details for my carnival I planned for the PTo which was on Friday!  it went great!  Everyone is still talking about it 2 days later.  I raised the bar and doubled the income from 2 years ago to almost $12,000.  i am very pleased with the results.

Now back to training - I have a tri in 5 weeks.  it's the first one I ever did last year and I want to improve this year.  serious few weeks ahead!

Happy week to everyone.

Cathleen

2008-04-01 9:23 AM

User image

Master
all right ladies... what's going on here?  I'm gonef or a week and everyone disappeears???  Races are coming up - who's still training?
2008-04-01 1:42 PM

User image

Kansas
Just got back from the pool.  After all this time I was so worried about swimming and I am absolutely loving it! Even more than biking and I love biking! I actually swam a total of 600 yds today for the first time ever.  I was so excited.  I really felt like I could have just kept going and going but I thought I'd stop with what I was supposed to do.  I can't wait to get back to the pool on Thursday! Hoping to get my bike ride in later, but it might have to be a run instead. Depends on my day. My daughter is coming to town this weekend for a shower and her bachelorette party that her older sister is putting on for her so it should be a fun weekend. We'll get some wedding stuff done and that will be fun.  Well, off to do some mommy stuff!
2008-04-04 9:07 PM

User image

Master

got a run in this morning and a spin tonight... feeling good.  I'm kicking things up a knotch as my tri is exactly 4 weeks from today - but doing it wisely so I do not injure myself.  I have 3 weeks of productive training to get ready... with a week of tapering....   Need to work on my bricks of bike/run.  Also need to focus on nutrition!

A good thing happened today.... yesterday I bought some new clothing.  I HATE clothing shopping - even shoe shopping depresses me as my feet are fat (aka wide).  Well I bought a size 14 burmda shorts hoping they would fit.  I wore them today and they were even a little loose.  My weight isn't changing much but obviously I'm loosing something if I'm fitting into a 14 almost 12....

Happy weekend everyone!

2008-04-05 10:07 PM

User image

Kansas
Had a short bike ride yesterday that I got in just before it got too dark.  Was able to keep my cadence up consistently.  That was good. Ran this morning and did better than I have done ever. I'm still not going a long way, but did 2.6 miles without any problem at all.  Never been able to go that far. I am beginning to feel confident that I will actually be able to handle the sprint in ten weeks!  Only thing I did today that I wasn't happy about....my daughter had a bridal shower today and the food was incredible and so I ate all I wanted and then continued to pig out the rest of the day. I haven't eaten like that since January.  I actually feel sick to my stomach.  I am not going to do that again.  Yuck! Hopefully I won't feel totally sick tomorrow from it. 

2008-04-06 2:02 PM
in reply to: #1318368

User image

Carnation, WA

Hi all!

Sorry for the silence. I'm training like crazy and looking for a job at the same time. Not much energy left after that.  I keep a weekly wrap-up on my training blog:

http://jhuffmanswift.spaces.live.com/

That should bring ya'll up to speed.

Sounds like some of you are sticking with it.  Good for you!  This is a hard time of year up here in the northwest. The weather never seems to know what to do. The other day we had rain, hail, snow, sun and wind all in the same day. So frustrating to plan for.  I'm glad I have the bike trainer and treadmill otherwise I might not get in any training at all!

Keep up the good work!

2008-04-07 12:56 PM

User image

Kansas
Got out and rode my bike early this morning.  Thought it was warmer than it was!  I froze my butt off!! Had to stop halfway thru and warm up before heading home.  But was a good ride and had it been warmer I would have gone about 15 miles today.  Yesterday I went to drive the bike route of the triathlon I'm doing in June.  I was so psyched after driving it....it's fairly flat! I was so excited after having the chance to see it. I'm hoping my husband and I can get over there and ride it in a couple of weeks. There are so many hills where I ride that this course is a piece of cake to me! If I am slow on the swim, I think I can make it up on the bike!  We are going to Phoenix for a five day trip this Thursday so I'm going to get biking and swimming in before I go so that I can do running while I'm out of town. At a plateau on my weight. It's getting harder to lose, but I knew that was coming. 
2008-04-07 2:43 PM

User image

Master

I was all set this morning for a run/swim brick.... got the short run in then went to change - and I left the bathing suit at home... so had to settle for a run only.  But that's ok - i needed the run more then the swim...

That's it here....

2008-04-08 2:40 PM

User image

Kansas
Had a swim this afternoon. Need to get in a good run but I'm waiting til later cuz it's supposed to stop raining.  As long as it's not snowing I may still go anyway.  Little rain never hurt anybody as long as it's not ice!  I'm running in a 5K race a week from Saturday and really looking forward to it. I'm excited to actually see how I do.  
2008-04-08 5:32 PM
in reply to: #1324122

User image

Carnation, WA

Races are always fun.  I'm taking part in a relay on Sunday. Five of us on a team that will cover 57 miles, two legs each. I'll be running a total of 12 miles split up into 7 mile then 5 mile run.  I'll have about 4 hours between runs where we'll tool around in an old motorhome and provid support for each other.  Should be fun.

Sunday I did a 2:45 ride on the trainer followed by a 1 hour run.  I did the trainer because the weather was supposed to be terrible but it turned out to be nice. I headed outside for my run and as I was finishing up it started hailing and raining.  I timed it pretty well but I did get pretty wet.

Last night was a 3000y swim and tonight is a 1:45 run of mile repeats with a 30' cooldown spin on the trainer.

My food volume is going up and I'm fighting with weight gain again.  Super frustrating.  I'd really like to drop 5 lbs before IM at the end of June.  It is hard to find the right balance between taking in calories to fuel but not enough to add weight.  Ugh.

Keep it up ladies!

2008-04-15 12:58 AM

User image

Carnation, WA

Hey all -

Here is what I've been up to this week.  How goes it with everyone else?

http://jhuffmanswift.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!D838E05E4ED427F9!1226.entry 

2008-04-22 7:41 PM

User image

Kansas
Well, I've been busy, busy, busy!  In charge of a women's conference here in town and then helped out with a 5K race sponsored by the running store here in Topeka and then ran in it, too.  Don't know that that is a smart thing to do.  I think next time I'll just help or just run but not both. Although, it was a blast and I wish I would've been 50 already cuz I would have come in third in my age group!  Made me pretty excited about that. It was a great experience to participate in and I know now that I can do the 5K and I'm not nervous about that part anymore. I'm hoping I can go to a triathlon somewhere nearby to just watch it before mine in June.  The wedding is only three weeks away now so there is alot to do to get ready for that, but I'm now more free to train. The weather is getting better every day--I think the snow is finally oughta here!  How's everyone else doing?
2008-04-28 7:50 PM

User image

Master

crazy time here... sorry for not blogging.

I race this SATURDAY!!!  Family can't make it so I'm looking forward to hanging out more afterwards and meeting some local Bt'ers and other friends from YMCA swim class.

Cathleen

2008-05-04 7:13 PM

User image

Master
Race report is up.  very difficult swim - for details read my RR.... it was a difficult race as someone died at teh race and I literally swam into him as they were pulling him out.  Had to focus myself on the race adn staying safe while dealing with what i witnessed.  It was a hard emotion race.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » UltraIronJen's Club - FULL Rss Feed  

of 7