Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 103

2012-03-13 10:58 AM
in reply to: #4093617

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
Subject: RE: chichitao's group - FULL!

I had a good weekend too, got all my workouts in, and had a great Sunday morning supporting a few friends in a very local half marathon/10K race.  Some times it is nice to just be a spectator. I was able to drive around on the course and cheer them at several different points. 

Heading into a swim intensive week, and was supposed to do one last night, but the pool was closed for repairs, so I'll have to make that one up another day.  Got a good spin in, instead, so not all was lost:-)

Tim, nice that you were able to find a OW tri to practice with the suit, another benefit to your warmer climate!  Yes I'm jealous!  I'll be waiting to hear what lessons/tips you may have to impart on me after that tri, as I always value your opinion!

2012-03-14 8:59 PM
in reply to: #4093617

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
chichitao - 2012-03-13 7:59 AM

M: run and swim

Tu: group bike

W: long run

Th: group bike

F: run and swim

Sa: day off or might split my Fri run in half and do the other half today

Su: Sprint Tri down near Houston (will be leaving Sat morning and staying overnight)

2012-03-15 8:29 AM
in reply to: #2776397

User image

Veteran

Holy moly has the weather been gorgeous here in the STL!!! Wow! It has been in the high 70's/low 80's all week.

I weighed in yesterday and I knew it was coming and was up 1 lb. I have not been tracking and I thought I did okay, but guess I didn't. I really can't complain because it is the first plus I have seen since the beginning of January.

I jogged on Tuesday and it went well. a little pain, but not too bad and I was able to sleep that night which was huge! So I am starting a couch to 5k program since my running fitness stinks! I cannot believe it has been since July, but I WILL get back to where I was!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I am on spring break starting tomorrow. We are going to the St. Patty's Day parade on Saturday, which is always fun! Celebrating my anniversary on Sunday! heading to see my friend and her new baby girl and to take pics Monday and Tuesday and then rest and relaxation with my kiddos the rest of the week!

2012-03-15 5:33 PM
in reply to: #4097266

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

Enjoy that weather Debbie, we too have been around the same temps but ridiculously humid.  I was soaked just a few miles into my run yesterday.

And I think a +1 after all the weight loss you had is more than acceptable. 

Glad that you are not having nearly as much pain with the hip.  Do the docs think it is OK to ramp up the walking/running?

Enjoy all your spring break festivities.  Sounds like a fun week and weekend.  Our spring break is this week and traffic getting to work has been really nice and light.  Only thing is we have SXSW (south by southwest) going on right now which is a big movie, music, technology event and so traffic in the downtown area is at a standstill. 

debbiereid06 - 2012-03-15 8:29 AM

Holy moly has the weather been gorgeous here in the STL!!! Wow! It has been in the high 70's/low 80's all week.

I weighed in yesterday and I knew it was coming and was up 1 lb. I have not been tracking and I thought I did okay, but guess I didn't. I really can't complain because it is the first plus I have seen since the beginning of January.

I jogged on Tuesday and it went well. a little pain, but not too bad and I was able to sleep that night which was huge! So I am starting a couch to 5k program since my running fitness stinks! I cannot believe it has been since July, but I WILL get back to where I was!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I am on spring break starting tomorrow. We are going to the St. Patty's Day parade on Saturday, which is always fun! Celebrating my anniversary on Sunday! heading to see my friend and her new baby girl and to take pics Monday and Tuesday and then rest and relaxation with my kiddos the rest of the week!

2012-03-15 5:44 PM
in reply to: #4096870

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
chichitao - 2012-03-13 7:59 AM

M: run and swim

Tu: group bike

W: long run

Th: taking the day off

F: bike and swim

Sa: might go swim/bike/run the course

Su: Sprint Tri down near Houston

I am just pooped today.  The daylight savings time change always screws with my sleep and I've had some tough workouts this week (10.2mi run yesterday!).  Haven't slept well at all this whole week.  Decided to take today off as I want to be relatively fresh for Sundays race.  Gonna make myself some grilled swordfish, enjoy a few beers, and just relax. 

Hope everyone is doing well.

Erica - you back from vacation yet?

Pete - how is the job hunt?

Sandra - how is the swimming coming along this week?

Tim - how is the training coming along?

Edited by chichitao 2012-03-15 5:46 PM
2012-03-16 12:02 PM
in reply to: #4098288

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

Enjoy your weekend Tim, and have a good Tri on Sunday! 

The swimming is going well, really looking forward to the day I can jump in a lake with my wetsuit and get a real feel for the timing and distance of the HIM.  I wish I could do it now, but it would be pretty darn cold.  Was on the schedule to do a couple of extra swims this week, but the competition pool was closed for 3 days this week and that is where I have to swim if I'm not with my swim club(we use the teach pool)

Debbie, I envy your warm temperatures and I wouldn't sweat the +1 at all, it could simply be water!  Good job on the running, you will get that running fitness back before you know it, just slowly ease it up in distance and speed and listen to your body.

Have  a great weekend everyone!

2012-03-18 5:04 PM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
2012-03-18 9:24 PM
in reply to: #4101784

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

Wuhoo!! well done Tim!!

chichitao - 2012-03-18 3:04 PM

2012-03-18 9:52 PM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Thanks!  Pretty sweet looking medal, right?  Even if it had been a participatory medal I'd be pretty happy with that.

Edited by chichitao 2012-03-18 10:07 PM
2012-03-18 10:31 PM
in reply to: #4102167

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
Very nice medal, best one I've seen in a while.
2012-03-20 9:59 PM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Where is everyone?  Hope you all are having a good week.  I am in training until Fri so no access to a computer until at night.

2012-03-21 6:57 AM

User image

Expert
South Jersey

Congrats on the tri Tim!  How did the swim go with the wetsuit?

I got slammed last week at work.  One day it took me two hours to eat a cut up apple.  I am amazed at the people who drop in to their accountant's office without an appointment and expect to be seen. 

2012-03-21 6:26 PM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

The wetsuit swim went great.  I was a good deal faster and had no problems swimming in it (went with the sleeveless).  Plus getting the experience of the wetsuit strippers was a cool thing.  Here is my race report in case anyone wants to check it out:

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=430818

This must be the crazy season for you Meggan.  And I totally believe you about the people...they are usually the ones who gripe and complain the most too!

Edited by chichitao 2012-03-21 6:29 PM
2012-03-23 6:29 PM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

I've got a charity bike ride tomorrow, then literally just 3 more weeks to really ramp up my training!  Crazy it is coming up so quick.

2012-03-25 7:22 PM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR

Tim - that medal is super cool!  I love it.  I want to read your race report for the wetsuit swim soon, too!

Meggan - chin up!  Another few weeks, and tax season will be over!  Ryan insists on doing our taxes by the end of January every year, so we've already gotten our tax return and everything.  Which is good because we need that money to pay for my pt!

Debbie - How are you feeling?  Any hip updates?

My crazy part of the semester is officially OVER!  It SHOULD be downhill from here.  I turned in my comment, finished MOST of my seminar paper, finished my presentation, finished my LAST hard edit for law review, and took the Multi-State Professional Responsibility Exam, all last week.  The week before that, I was in Florida with Ryan and my parents which was MUCH needed.  I actually studied the entire week, while I was laying on the beach and/or by the pool.  I'm pretty comfortable with how the exam went, but I won't get my score back for about another month. 

On top of all that, I went to my friend's bachelorette party last night, and I am wayyyyyy too old for that stuff.  I didn't even drink that much, and yet, my entire body is sore.

And, I met Rick Santorum today!  He was in FdL, and even though I'm not a huge fan of his, I thought it would be neat to go see him.  He is a very nice guy.

Still been biking when I can, but as you can see, I've been very busy!  Hopefully, I'll get more consistent with it now, but my knee is still hurting.  I go back in to see the doc in a couple weeks, then I'll see what the next step is.  I just want to run soon!

What is everyone else up to these days?  

2012-03-26 11:25 AM
in reply to: #4112494

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

What an awesome weekend it was, finally got some decent weather and I took full advantage of it, and I'm glad I did, since I woke up to rain again this morning!!

Finally got the new bike on the road, and I have to say I am a bit intimidated by it and the lack of control while in aero position.  I hope I get comfortable with it soon, because it seems pointless to have a tri bike if I'm too scared to get into the aero position half the time! 

Erica, I'm glad the craziness of your life is leveling out and coming to an end.  It doesn't hurt to be able to study in the sunshine by the water!  Sorry to hear your knee is still hurting. What does the Doctor have to say about your rehab progress?  Anything more on the job prospect for Ryan in Portland?

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

2012-03-28 11:08 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

Woohoo, glad all that is finally over for you Erica!  I think I got a little stressed just reading about all that.   I hope you get some good news from the doc.

I've been under the weather.  Apparently the little sickness I had last week (and thought I beat) reared it's head again after my bike ride on Sat.  Not sure if just bad allergies or a cold.  I've got 2 very important days of work on Thur and Fri, so I took the afternoon off yesterday and today off to make sure I get this thing out of my system.  Not a good time at all to be missing workouts, as I only have 2.5 more weeks of build time before I am supposed to taper.

Thoughts???  Since I am missing a week of workouts right now, should I just build for the next 2.5 weeks like I am scheduled or should I shorten the taper a bit to try and makeup some of this lost time?  I know they say the taper is very important but if I am not building like I should be is that time better spent getting in some last long big workouts.  I would still taper the last week for sure just not sure what to do with the week that is 2 weeks out from the race.  I am beginning to get worried I won't be prepared...but (I keep telling myself) the goal is just finish and get the experience.  I am literally 1mo away now, 4 weeks!

2012-03-28 12:27 PM
in reply to: #4117118

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
Sorry to hear you are still under the weather, and this close to race time.  My thoughts are to just fall back into your plan, maybe increase the scheduled workouts a little more, in duration not effort.  All the training to this point isn't going away in a week, you have been building towards this for some time now and you are prepared! 
2012-03-30 5:05 PM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

Got the following in an email today from USAT, thought it was pretty cool:

Congratulations Tim. You have qualified for the 2012 USA Triathlon Olympic Distance National Championship after finishing in the top 10 percent in your age group at the C Different Triathlon, The Telfair Challenge.

Click here for more information

The 2012 USA Triathlon Olympic Distance National Championship will be held in Burlington, Vermont, on August 18. Registration is currently open. This event is expected to sell out, so be sure to sign up soon.

2012-03-30 9:08 PM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR

Tim - Not sure what you decided to do, but I think the idea of "making up for lost time" is a bad idea.  I would say just let it go and do the normal taper.  Day late and a dollar short though.  Anyway, WAY cool about qualifying.  Are you going to do it?

On an unrelated note, I bought two lottery tickets today.  Here's hoping...

2012-03-30 11:29 PM
in reply to: #4121567

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge
That is awesome Tim!  Nice to see all your hard work paying off!

2012-04-01 7:00 PM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

I didn't hear about any Wisconsin lottery winners! Yell

I am finally done battling whatever I had, I think it was a cold.  But the good news is that the time off has given me a surge of energy that I am planning on riding until the race.  Got back out in full force today with a great and brutal ride (yes, both) of 45mi.  Avg'd 21 on the way out, then got slapped in the face by a 20mph headwind for the return trip.  Needless to say I only avg'd 12.6 on the way back...it was that brutal.  Did a very small brick run right after, but didn't go as long as I wanted as I was toasted from the ride. 

But it felt good to be back out there.  Got a swim and run planned for tomorrow.  Hope everyone is having or had a good weekend!

2012-04-02 1:36 PM

User image

Expert
Portland

No, needless to say, I'm not a millionaire...yet.  

On a similarly depressing note, at my PT appointment  today, she wanted me to start doing knee bends on my bad knee, and I physically cannot do them.  The look on her face spoke volumes, and when I asked her if I would need to get more done to my knee, she refused to say much other than "waiting to see what the doctor says."  I'm pretty sure there's very little working out in my near future.  I go in next Monday to see the doctor to re-evaluate.  

ETA: Darn it, I hate when Ryan signs in on my computer!  It's just me.

Edited by menglo 2012-04-02 1:36 PM
2012-04-03 8:14 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

Haha, I was surprised Ryan would just come in here and start chatting with our group!

Sorry to hear the news about your knee though.  I know you must be really frustrated.  Let's just hope they figure out exactly what's going on and get it taken care of right.

So what is going on with everyone?  Anyone been doing anything fun, exciting, or daring?  Anyone going to be doing anything for easter?

Happy Tuesday!

2012-04-03 9:23 AM
in reply to: #4126522

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maple Ridge

Sorry about the knee Erica, I hope they figure out what the problem is quick and get you back on track to full rehab!

Nothing new and exciting here, just plugging along with the training, Easter weekend is a big training weekend, with a 30 min swim, 2 hr bike and 30 minute run on Saturday and a 1.5 hr run and 30 min swim on sunday.  Looking forward to it though, as I am feeling pretty good about the training so far.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » chichitao's group - FULL! Rss Feed  

of 103