BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 70

2011-11-27 5:22 PM
in reply to: #3916061

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
Subject: RE: HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!!

hildekq - 2011-11-27 8:49 AM It wouldn't be the same without your particular brand of entertainment, Wilson!

Turtle, that is an awesome new avatar!!!  Very loud, bright and you can't miss it....Hope appropriate for a IMAZ in-training girl!!!  Hot, very hot!! When pigs fly - you are much better off than that!  

Hey Hilde, bring on the new crew for me to warp - make think twice about logging in or heaven forbid engage in an inspire with me...LMAO...NOT!!!

Hey guys don't forget the BT is running a 30% off on their membership...I upped mine to Silver so I could get their prep plan which is nicely loaded into my calendar.

Hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend and some good Turkey with family and friends.  Back to work tomorrow...that FU#$%%^#$ING sucks!!  Have a good week everyone.  Hilde, still thinking about you and your family - many prayers for Reade in his new journey! 

Later my friends!!!!

2011-11-27 7:48 PM
in reply to: #3259026

User image

Expert

My turn to swig the Kool-aid, gang: I've just signed up for the Ottawa Marathon in May (after running the idea past my sibs of their doing a 5K the day before...though they laughed, they didn't dismiss the concept entirely, so there could be a whole family thang going on there!), and the Esprit Montreal Iron-distance tri in September. Yes, really. I blame Don Fink (had just read much of _Be Iron Fit_ and was thinking "Hey, that even sounds doable!") and my horoscope (which was all about "dream the big dreams and go for them-- now, today!")-- chuckled at the latter, then turned to the next page in Fink's book and what to my wondering eyes should appear but an entry about the Montreal tri... a city I love, an entirely closed and VERY flat course, small number of participants, timing's actually perfect... yikes! When my sis came down the hall a few minutes later, I looked at her and said, "I think I'm in trouble..." Let myself think about it for 24 hours, then tossed my hat into those rings. Life really IS too short not to try audacious things!

So needless to say, stay tuned: there will be bike pr0n. (Kindly ignore the whimpering of my bank account-- there WILL be bike pr0n, I say!)

2012: The Year of Living Audaciously. Bring it on, I say!

2011-11-27 8:04 PM
in reply to: #3916556

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
wrkinprogress - 2011-11-27 8:48 PM

My turn to swig the Kool-aid, gang: I've just signed up for the Ottawa Marathon in May (after running the idea past my sibs of their doing a 5K the day before...though they laughed, they didn't dismiss the concept entirely, so there could be a whole family thang going on there!), and the Esprit Montreal Iron-distance tri in September. Yes, really. I blame Don Fink (had just read much of _Be Iron Fit_ and was thinking "Hey, that even sounds doable!") and my horoscope (which was all about "dream the big dreams and go for them-- now, today!")-- chuckled at the latter, then turned to the next page in Fink's book and what to my wondering eyes should appear but an entry about the Montreal tri... a city I love, an entirely closed and VERY flat course, small number of participants, timing's actually perfect... yikes! When my sis came down the hall a few minutes later, I looked at her and said, "I think I'm in trouble..." Let myself think about it for 24 hours, then tossed my hat into those rings. Life really IS too short not to try audacious things!

So needless to say, stay tuned: there will be bike pr0n. (Kindly ignore the whimpering of my bank account-- there WILL be bike pr0n, I say!)

That's a full 140.6????????????? DAMN - you drank Joe and Turtle Kool-aid!!!!!!!  This group has gone completely FU$@%$ING NUTS!!  Love it...Congrats on the bold move - you rock!

2011-11-27 8:50 PM

User image

Hendricks County
wrkinprogress - 2011-11-27 8:48 PM

Wow.  You're all freaking crazy!  Good crazy, but still crazy!  Talk about pressure....I'm doing my best to not drink the kool aid too quickly, trying to avoid the brain freeze and focus on staying somewhat steady...someday *dreaming

Hilde~Where is your IM???

2011-11-27 10:20 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
wrkinprogress - 2011-11-27 6:48 PM

Bwa-ha-haaaa, my plan is working!! Come on over to the dark side, guys! It'll be fun, I promise!! 

Congrats, Alex. I know you have the discipline and drive to see this through. And I agree whole-heartedly, life's too short to put things off. If there's something you want to do, do it! You never know how many "next years" you have left!

2011-11-27 10:57 PM

User image

Hendricks County

Right so decided to check my sanity, I'm borderline....what are you?

Rank each statement on a scale of 1 to 7 (one meaning ‘strongly disagree;’ 7 meaning ‘strongly agree&rsquo. If you score over 116, according to Bamber et al. (2003), you could suffer from exercise addiction (Exercise Dependence Questionnaire Ogden, Veale & Summers 1997)....

1. My level of exercising makes me tired at work. 
2. After an exercise session I feel happier about life.
3. If I cannot exercise I feel irritable.
4. The rest of my life has to fit in around my exercise.
5. After an exercise session I feel less anxious.
6. I exercise to look attractive.
7. I sometimes miss time at work to exercise.
8. After an exercise session I feel that I am a better person.
9. If I cannot exercise I feel agitated.
10. I exercise to meet other people.
11. I hate not being able to exercise.
12. I exercise to keep me occupied.
13. If I cannot exercise I feel I cannot cope with life.
14. I exercise to control my weight (I exercise to eat what I want).
15. I have little energy for my partner, family and friends.
16. Being thin (lean) is the most important thing in my life.
17. I feel guilty about the amount I exercise.
18. I exercise to be healthy.
19. After an exercise session I feel thinner.
20. My level of exercise has become a problem.
21. I make a decision to exercise/ (race) less but I cannot stick to it.
22. I exercise for the same amount of time each week (in and out of season).
23. After an exercise session I feel more positive about myself.
24. My weekly pattern of exercise is repetitive.
25. My pattern of exercise interferes with my social life.
26. I exercise to feel fit.
27. My exercising is running my life.
28.) I exercise to prevent heart disease and other illnesses.
29.) If I cannot exercise I miss the social life.

2011-11-27 11:22 PM
in reply to: #3916720

User image

Extreme Veteran
Brad, I beat you- 119 points. I don't have a problem! Is it really so bad that I exercise because it makes me less of a b!tch? My husband doesn't think so.

Edited by tstl 2011-11-27 11:24 PM
2011-11-28 12:04 PM
in reply to: #3916720

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
Turtle we knew you weren't quite right....that was a no brainer.  I scored 95 so i still am a slacker and okay with doing so...Look at my month.....that proves I'm not over the top....Turtle, Alex and Hilde need professional help.
2011-11-28 2:42 PM
in reply to: #3917309

User image

Expert

Wilson, Turtle, Hilde, and I ARE the 'professional help,' I suspect! (And if WE are crazier than YOU, then something's REALLY wrong! Tongue out)

Thanks for the cheering on, gang-- I'm psyched even as I'm still slightly dazed. Bike fit's on Friday, though: good to have something to look forward to at the end of this crazy week!Money mouth

Back to the project grading I go, high ho. Then setting exams and other end-of-term delights... in the face of that, is it any wonder I'm a big fan of exercise??

Hope everyone has a great week!

2011-11-29 9:36 PM
in reply to: #3917608

User image

Hendricks County
wrkinprogress - 2011-11-28 3:42 PM

Wilson, Turtle, Hilde, and I ARE the 'professional help,' I suspect! (And if WE are crazier than YOU, then something's REALLY wrong! Tongue out)

Thanks for the cheering on, gang-- I'm psyched even as I'm still slightly dazed. Bike fit's on Friday, though: good to have something to look forward to at the end of this crazy week!Money mouth

Back to the project grading I go, high ho. Then setting exams and other end-of-term delights... in the face of that, is it any wonder I'm a big fan of exercise??

Hope everyone has a great week!

If you guys are the "help" then I'm in deep crap going forward!   wilson and i had several discussions today bout half IM's and IM's.....next next year (2013) I've decided will be my half IM and, IM maybe in 2014....I also decided that Wilson should do a IM in 2014 (that's right I decided that for him so he can get his famed IM tat).  After I watched the "Big Loser-Where are they now", the girl who obviously lost a bunch of weight a couple years back and won the BL, did a full IM afterwards, surely this is an achivevable goal in 2 years.  Who knows, we'lll see   In the meantime I want to to learn all I can from you crazy folks who have been down the road!!!

2011-11-29 9:38 PM
in reply to: #3916731

User image

Hendricks County

tstl - 2011-11-28 12:22 AM Brad, I beat you- 119 points. I don't have a problem! Is it really so bad that I exercise because it makes me less of a b!tch? My husband doesn't think so.

No surprises there, the perils of living a double life

2011-11-29 9:39 PM

User image

Hendricks County
Hilde ~ Still waiting for an IM or 1/2 IM confession....
2011-11-30 4:41 AM
in reply to: #3919847

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
I am in the IM/HIM closet and am not willing to come out.... you will all just have to wonder....
2011-11-30 5:42 AM
in reply to: #3919993

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana

hildekq - 2011-11-30 5:41 AM I am in the IM/HIM closet and am not willing to come out.... you will all just have to wonder....

Based on our all conversations and your comments in the past I believe you are 90% HIM and 5% IM and 5% Oly.......My bet HIM in 2012 ....WTF everyone's doing it!! haha

Edited by wsilverthorne 2011-11-30 5:43 AM
2011-11-30 10:59 AM
in reply to: #3919993

User image

Hendricks County

hildekq - 2011-11-30 5:41 AM I am in the IM/HIM closet and am not willing to come out.... you will all just have to wonder....

Hilde are you not the fearless leader, holder of the kool aid, motivator supremo, queen bee of the clan....embrace the blood

2011-11-30 7:18 PM
in reply to: #3920561

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana

Hey gang...I registered for the 1/2 marathon here in Indy....It's one of the largest in the country.....35,000 people I think....So May 5th I get to add that to my resume....which means I need to be ready!

I never thought I'd say I was gonna run that far....never...amazing how you crazies peer pressure me into these things!

2011-12-01 8:06 AM
in reply to: #3921221

User image

Regular

Wilson, good for you!

It's just a little time, effort, will power and you'll get 'er done!

2011-12-01 11:27 AM
in reply to: #3921728

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Wilson, just follow the plan, and be especially faithful to doing the long runs and you'll be fine!  It's mainly getting your body used to the distance. 
2011-12-01 5:00 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Way to go, Wilson! You'll do fine, just ease into the longer runs and pay attention to your body- injury prevention is the name of the game here. I think the half is my favorite distance to race, and it sounds like you've signed up for a good one!
2011-12-01 9:26 PM

User image

Expert

That's AWESOME, Wilson! Way to go! And as our fearless leader said, you'll be fine: stick with the plan and let your body get used to the distance. I'm gonna find a HM around here in earlyish April, I hope, since my full Mary's at the end of May.

And can I just brag about my fabulous sister for a minute? Not only has she been totally bitten by the exercise bug (and looks FABULOUS), but she actually ran 5K at the gym today for the first time and was utterly tickled! I knew she could do it, and now she does, too! So now she's thinking of doing the 10K for the marathon race weekend in May...how awesome is that?? I'm so proud of her! (She's also my Chief Enabler for the IM, I have to say, since she was here to hear me articulate the possibility and think it through-- mostly aloud-- for the 24 hours before I signed up!)

2011-12-01 9:44 PM
in reply to: #3922853

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
wrkinprogress - 2011-12-01 10:26 PM

That's AWESOME, Wilson! Way to go! And as our fearless leader said, you'll be fine: stick with the plan and let your body get used to the distance. I'm gonna find a HM around here in earlyish April, I hope, since my full Mary's at the end of May.

And can I just brag about my fabulous sister for a minute? Not only has she been totally bitten by the exercise bug (and looks FABULOUS), but she actually ran 5K at the gym today for the first time and was utterly tickled! I knew she could do it, and now she does, too! So now she's thinking of doing the 10K for the marathon race weekend in May...how awesome is that?? I'm so proud of her! (She's also my Chief Enabler for the IM, I have to say, since she was here to hear me articulate the possibility and think it through-- mostly aloud-- for the 24 hours before I signed up!)

Thanks everyone, I love the support!!  I will be smart and listen to my body...I've learned my lesson from this past season about doing stupid stuff you aren't ready for.....so I'll be goodesterests I can be..haha...

Alex way to motivate the influence your sister....and most importantly celebrate a great win with her!!!  That's cool your sister is part of your support structure..that's nice when family is on board - for sure.  Joe, I think you are gonna get bombarded with questions in the next several months!!!  Get prepared my man!  

Just got back from the circus - we had fun...the kiddos had a blast...Now I gotta get some sleep so I can get up and run that 45 minutes which will be the longest since I screwed up my leg....so I will take it very slow to be smart..by the way...knock on wood...the pain in my leg is gone!!!!  Now it's normal stuff that is okay....So, keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way!

Nite Nite!

2011-12-02 12:35 PM

User image

Regular
I'm around if needed...
2011-12-02 5:30 PM
in reply to: #3923718

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

Hey guys, I know a few of you asked if you could help Reade... well I've got the website up and running to take donations and even posted in Cup Of Joe (with Marmadaddy's approval).  I know this is a bad time of year to ask for money, and I am in NO WAY asking you to donate, but this is a way you can help if you wish.  I love you all, and I'll still be on your butt if you are slacking, no matter what you do!

http://www.lendahandforreade.myevent.com/

2011-12-05 8:45 PM

User image

Expert

Hi gang! You'd think the weekend after the end of classes (sorry for the reminder, Hilde!) would be relaxing, but nooo... an utter zoo from beginning to end. The happy news is, though, that I have my new bike! I've uploaded pics to my page... now can someone tell me how to put them up here so I can give everyone their bike porn fix??

Thanks, folks-- hope your weeks have started well!

2011-12-06 4:29 PM
in reply to: #3924190

User image

Expert
Douglaston, NY
hildekq - 2011-12-02 6:30 PM

Hey guys, I know a few of you asked if you could help Reade... well I've got the website up and running to take donations and even posted in Cup Of Joe (with Marmadaddy's approval).  I know this is a bad time of year to ask for money, and I am in NO WAY asking you to donate, but this is a way you can help if you wish.  I love you all, and I'll still be on your butt if you are slacking, no matter what you do!

http://www.lendahandforreade.myevent.com/

Since I fund raise for a living and because Hilde would never say it, let me be the gauche one who says "don't be shy because every little bit helps!"  Money mouth

For what it is worth, when I spoke with my wife, she agreed that I should give something because I have gotten so much out of this group under Hilde's leadership.  I ended up deciding to do one fewer race next year and donate those funds.  My wife would have preferred I use my dessert and sweets money but that's another story!  Innocent

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!! Rss Feed  

of 70