General Discussion Triathlon Talk » For the coaches.... or people who have a coach... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-03-09 8:16 AM
in reply to: #4652566

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
Subject: RE: For the coaches.... or people who have a coach...
Anditrigirl - 2013-03-08 4:10 PM

I just noticed the trainingpeaks.com requirement.  I used training peaks with a few other coaches...

My current (and long term) coach uses workoutlog.com.  I actually like it A LOT more.  And my guess is that it's probably less expensive! Just thought I'd throw that out there in case you've never seen it (I had never heard of it...)

Andi

I could be flexible to something else. The key is that I didn't want the coach just emailing me workouts. Why? Because if they are just emailing me a document, how are they tracking my training and reviewing my data files. Now, I use to email training plans and I analyzed my athlete's training data here. It doesn't have to be Training Peaks, but it needs to be something that allows the coach to view my information.

I talked to one coach in the past who just emailed training plans, because we are adults and can do our workouts. Which told me he didn't understand the he needed to see my HR data, etc. from my workouts. Also, a plan shouldn't progress if the athlete isn't getting key workouts done. Which is also why I don't like the coaches who do monthly training blocks.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » For the coaches.... or people who have a coach... Rss Feed  

of 2