This user's post has been ignored.

Edited by Teejaay 2013-04-17 2:12 PM

2013-04-17 3:13 PM
in reply to: #4704413

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi
Subject: RE: Triathlon Dating Thread Ver 3.0
turtlegirl - 2013-04-17 2:00 PM

hmmm.  I've wanted to do cross fit for a long time, but its costly, and I'm already having a heck of a time supporting triathlon and horseback riding.  My trainer in horses tells me to quit triathlon and my tri coach tells me to stop riding.   I can only imagine if I threw in crossfit.

Tell me, is it worth it if I can only go twice a week? (sorry I just turned this into a crossfit thread.  Unless any of you want to discuss horses. HA. )

I have two hobbies right now, and I couldn't imagine throwing in a third.  I imagine horseback riding is pretty time consuming.

2013-04-17 3:18 PM
in reply to: #4703779

Elite
Yep, prob have to dedicate 2 hours for a 30 min ride, which I try to do 3 x a week, longer if I have a lesson. And of course barns are full of women (or gay men, not that there's anything g wrong with that, but doesn't help my cause!)
2013-04-17 3:18 PM

Chatham Ontario

Between Triathlon, and Scuba diving I have a hard time fitting in paintball and I really want to take up skydiving as well as get my pilots lic.

Maybe this is why I am still single playing the field I just don't have time for anyone. And I have too many hobbies and some demanding hours from work now.

I would like to try crossfit but it is still kind of new to my town and very new instructors and too costly.

Plus I help my friends running store run "Learn to run clinics"

2013-04-17 3:23 PM
in reply to: #4704537

Chatham Ontario

turtlegirl - 2013-04-17 3:18 PM Yep, prob have to dedicate 2 hours for a 30 min ride, which I try to do 3 x a week, longer if I have a lesson. And of course barns are full of women (or gay men, not that there's anything g wrong with that, but doesn't help my cause!)

I have wanted to go horse back riding for years. I did it about 15 years ago several times but there really isn't anywhere around me to go.

I had never even thought of this as a place full of women. Maybe I should go. There is a small place near me but no real trails or anything for long rides. It is mostly geared towards kids.

2013-04-17 3:25 PM
in reply to: #4704539

Champion
SoCal
Techdiver - 2013-04-17 1:18 PM

Between Triathlon, and Scuba diving I have a hard time fitting in paintball and I really want to take up skydiving as well as get my pilots lic.

Maybe this is why I am still single playing the field I just don't have time for anyone. And I have too many hobbies and some demanding hours from work now.

I would like to try crossfit but it is still kind of new to my town and very new instructors and too costly.

You are newly single after being in a long relationship. Now is the time to work on you and what you want and find a person that fits into that not fitting yourself into only what they want.

Go get the pilot’s license and everything else now

2013-04-17 4:20 PM
in reply to: #4704533

Saint Paul, MN
msteiner - 2013-04-17 3:13 PM
turtlegirl - 2013-04-17 2:00 PM

hmmm.  I've wanted to do cross fit for a long time, but its costly, and I'm already having a heck of a time supporting triathlon and horseback riding.  My trainer in horses tells me to quit triathlon and my tri coach tells me to stop riding.   I can only imagine if I threw in crossfit.

Tell me, is it worth it if I can only go twice a week? (sorry I just turned this into a crossfit thread.  Unless any of you want to discuss horses. HA. )

I have two hobbies right now, and I couldn't imagine throwing in a third.  I imagine horseback riding is pretty time consuming.

Same here. I think if I got a third hobby, my dog might be crazier than he already is. Maybe I just need to take him on walks past more female rich environments.

2013-04-19 8:04 AM

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Alright guys and gals.  First off, Happy Friday!  I hope everyone has fun and exciting plans for the weekend.  

With the pleasantries out of the way, this will be half rant, half advice request.  I've been dating kickball girl for a while now, and things are going great for the most part....BUT as part of the kickball culture, there's drinking afterward, and she gets smashed when she drinks.  

I'm for social drinking, but to the point to where you're barely keeping yourself standing?  That's a bit much to me at least.  She's fine when she's not like that, but to be brutally honest, it's not very attractive when she's in that state.  At times it can be downright embarrassing.

How do I handle this?  Do I tell her how I don't like it?  Am I overreacting? 

2013-04-19 8:15 AM
in reply to: #4706803

Expert
Highlands Ranch, CO
msteiner - 2013-04-19 7:04 AM

Alright guys and gals.  First off, Happy Friday!  I hope everyone has fun and exciting plans for the weekend.  

With the pleasantries out of the way, this will be half rant, half advice request.  I've been dating kickball girl for a while now, and things are going great for the most part....BUT as part of the kickball culture, there's drinking afterward, and she gets smashed when she drinks.  

I'm for social drinking, but to the point to where you're barely keeping yourself standing?  That's a bit much to me at least.  She's fine when she's not like that, but to be brutally honest, it's not very attractive when she's in that state.  At times it can be downright embarrassing.

Dating is all part of finding out who the real person is.  If you don't like it, talk to her about it and if you guys can't come to a solution, cut the cord.  I know I couldn't handle that.  Better to part ways now than to let it continue.  

2013-04-19 8:50 AM

Extreme Veteran
msteiner - 2013-04-19 8:04 AM

Do you see each other outside of kickball? What is she like then? Maybe move the relationship to have more time with just the two of you.

If she's still getting smashed at a one on one date...yikes.

How old is she?

2013-04-19 9:10 AM
in reply to: #4706857

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi
wingsfan - 2013-04-19 8:50 AM

Do you see each other outside of kickball? What is she like then? Maybe move the relationship to have more time with just the two of you.

How old is she?

Yeah we do.  Like I said, she's great then.  However, she doesn't drink a lot when it's just us either.  She's 32, which makes me surprised that I'm running into this issue.

2013-04-19 9:48 AM
in reply to: #4706878

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member
msteiner - 2013-04-19 9:10 AM

How old is she?

Yeah we do.  Like I said, she's great then.  However, she doesn't drink a lot when it's just us either.  She's 32, which makes me surprised that I'm running into this issue.

That's tough, because you don't want to come off as accusatory or judgmental but you don't want to ignore what could potentially be a huge problem. How long have you been seeing her?

2013-04-19 9:50 AM

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

On my end, something is IN THE AIR!

Date tonight.
Date tomorrow night (different guy).
Ex re-friended me on facebook, is chatty (ha!).
Other ex wants to "meet up" (ha!).
Date next Saturday night (3rd guy).

Horray? 

2013-04-19 9:53 AM
in reply to: #4706925

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi
lisac957 - 2013-04-19 9:48 AM
msteiner - 2013-04-19 9:10 AM

How old is she?

That's tough, because you don't want to come off as accusatory or judgmental but you don't want to ignore what could potentially be a huge problem. How long have you been seeing her?

I would say that we've been "dating" (I hate titles in relationships) for about 3 weeks now I guess.  We've known each other for about 6 months or so though.

I agree that it's tough.  I feel like if I say something about it, I come off as controlling.  I can say it as nice as I can, but she'll internally hear it as "stop drinking so much or we're done!", which isn't what I want to convey.  At the same time, I don't like it and I feel like I should say something not just for me, but for her as well.  Drinking like that simply isn't healthy.

lisac957 - 2013-04-19 9:50 AM

Date tonight.

Horray? 

At least you'll be busy.  Good luck!

Edited by msteiner 2013-04-19 9:55 AM
2013-04-19 9:57 AM
in reply to: #4704547

Champion
PA
Big Appa - 2013-04-17 4:25 PM
Techdiver - 2013-04-17 1:18 PM

You are newly single after being in a long relationship. Now is the time to work on you and what you want and find a person that fits into that not fitting yourself into only what they want.

Go get the pilot’s license and everything else now

Did a pilot invent the term airhead?  Let that sink in and think about it for a second.

2013-04-19 9:57 AM

Elite

How old is she?  is it once a week?  I think once you hit you're 30s, once a week obliterated is a lot.  A nice buzz?  maybe. But smashed and unable to function due to hangover? nope.

edit:  32...eh, she should know how to handle it.  Or cut it down a little. After all, how are you guys getting home?

congrats Lisa. I continue to have men that look like gorillas crossed with bowling balls as my possibilities.  And the odd ball that I dated that wouldn't touch me STILL texts me randomly.  5 more yesterday after 3 weeks of no contact. He's so weird.

Edited by turtlegirl 2013-04-19 10:01 AM

2013-04-19 9:58 AM
in reply to: #4706926

Champion
PA
lisac957 - 2013-04-19 10:50 AM

Date tonight.

Horray? 

Did you change perfume or something? 

2013-04-19 10:01 AM
in reply to: #4703913

Champion
PA

Teejaay - 2013-04-17 11:13 AM
Pector55 - 2013-04-17 8:03 AMIt's just a natural way to start a thread when the previous one was "frozen."  One would expect a bit more heat from a dating thread.
I'm responding from the kitchen ...while cooking bacon ...in my undies. I'm feeling the heat.

Yum! 

... and I like bacon too

2013-04-19 1:41 PM
in reply to: #4706941

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi
turtlegirl - 2013-04-19 9:57 AM

How old is she?  is it once a week?  I think once you hit you're 30s, once a week obliterated is a lot.  A nice buzz?  maybe. But smashed and unable to function due to hangover? nope.

edit:  32...eh, she should know how to handle it.  Or cut it down a little. After all, how are you guys getting home?

I usually drive, as I don't drink more than two or three beers.  She normally crashes with another woman on the team that lives nearby when she gets that bad.  

I agree that she should know how to handle it.  She's done this twice in the time we've been dating. 

2013-04-19 2:07 PM

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Does anyone else get these messages on dating sites from someone who is "only in town for tonight" and wants to go out?

I got two in one day this week... and have gotten them in the past.

I wonder what their success rate is!

2013-04-19 2:16 PM

Saint Paul, MN

That does seem excessive. I would try and approach it delicately as to not be accusatory. 

As for me, no dates planned this weekend, but next week I do have date #2 with a girl I met a couple weeks ago. First date was a beer event at the Science Museum, which was fun. I guess I wasn't too big of a science nerd, because she agreed to date #2. We are going to go to dinner next week.

2013-04-19 2:25 PM
in reply to: #4707338

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi
lisac957 - 2013-04-19 2:07 PM

Does anyone else get these messages on dating sites from someone who is "only in town for tonight" and wants to go out?

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

2013-04-19 2:27 PM
in reply to: #4707391

Saint Paul, MN
msteiner - 2013-04-19 2:25 PM
lisac957 - 2013-04-19 2:07 PM

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

Yep. And sending messages like that on an online dating site are low risk, high reward if it works. 

2013-04-19 8:38 PM
in reply to: #4707338

Pro
NorCal
lisac957 - 2013-04-19 12:07 PM

Yep but they had contacted me before they were in the area.  I've met a few of them but only after chatting on the phone and being very clear that we were just meeting up and that this was not going to be a hook-up.  

2013-04-22 9:39 AM

Expert
metro west, MA

May I crash the party?  Now that my divorce drama has passed, I'm ready to let the world know I'm available. 

Been having fun on OKC for 2.5 months and even started a 7 week long "uncommitted relationship" who just went down in flames last week. (Why do men think it's ok to lie even after I confirmed the lie????

To help me feel better I joined match.  Two, possibly three dates this week.  I might need help perfecting my profile.  Getting way too many messages from married Indian men or men 15+ yrs older than I am. 

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Triathlon Dating Thread Ver 3.0 Rss Feed  

of 11