General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Would you or wouldn't you? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2013-09-26 2:27 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Would you or wouldn't you?
Yup, I also have the police one and the aqua man suits.

2013-09-26 2:28 PM
in reply to: ratherbeswimming

User image

Originally posted by ratherbeswimming

Originally posted by switch

Um, I'm a sucker for fun swimsuits.

I have this one:

This one:

(yes, it's shimmery!)

This one:

(Yes, I'm in the Army National Guard )

And I bought a grab bag one that ended up being pink tiger print with a swim club name on it. 

YES!!!  Do you do tris in them?

So far, just aquathlons (swim/run). No tris in them yet... I had to wear my Rev3 kit for all tri's last year and I haven't done a tri yet this year.

I have wonder women too. Right now its my open water swim wetsuit for swim only workouts. I stick to my trisuit for races.
2013-09-26 2:30 PM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

I'm buying this one for everyone here. It should have the BT logo on it Tongue out

2013-09-26 2:48 PM
in reply to: jhouse4

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by jhouse4 Yup, I also have the police one and the aqua man suits.

And yet you still have the badger avi...

Do we need to up the ante or something?

2013-09-26 2:49 PM
in reply to: bigevilgrape

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by bigevilgrape

I have this one:

This one:

(yes, it's shimmery!)

This one:

(Yes, I'm in the Army National Guard :) )

And I bought a grab bag one that ended up being pink tiger print with a swim club name on it. 

YES!!!  Do you do tris in them?

So far, just aquathlons (swim/run). No tris in them yet... I had to wear my Rev3 kit for all tri's last year and I haven't done a tri yet this year.

I have wonder women too. Right now its my open water swim wetsuit for swim only workouts. I stick to my trisuit for races.

This thread has helped me find my people.  *sniff*

2013-09-26 2:49 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by lisac957

I'm buying this one for everyone here. It should have the BT logo on it Tongue out

AND WEAR IT WITH PRIDE!

2013-09-26 3:24 PM

User image

Saint Paul, MN

Originally posted by jlruhnke

Originally posted by jlruhnke I don't think I could comfortable biking in a speedo, but maybe I need some unicorn briefs for Masters swimming.

Haha--it will make those 6ams that much more special

And I am sure the 12 year old boys that are occasionally there would get a chuckle out of it as well.

This is the whole point!

The question is, can you own it?  I think you can

I think I can too. Though I just joined the masters group a couple weeks ago. Maybe I will wait until the middle of the winter after I get to know everybody before I bust out the unicorn and sparkles. I will be sure to let you know how it goes though.
2013-09-26 3:26 PM
in reply to: jlruhnke

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by jlruhnke I don't think I could comfortable biking in a speedo, but maybe I need some unicorn briefs for Masters swimming.

And I am sure the 12 year old boys that are occasionally there would get a chuckle out of it as well.

This is the whole point!

I think I can too. Though I just joined the masters group a couple weeks ago. Maybe I will wait until the middle of the winter after I get to know everybody before I bust out the unicorn and sparkles. I will be sure to let you know how it goes though.

Winner:  Best Phrase on BT This Week.

2013-09-26 3:39 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

This is the whole point!

Solid, reasonable approach.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooor

You could bust it out the second week of practice. If you could completely dead-pan it, that would be best.

Maybe suit now, sparkles later?

You really can't loose.

May the force be with you.

2013-09-26 3:45 PM

User image

Saint Paul, MN
I am not good at dead pan. The minute I walk out on the pool deck I will bust out laughing.

Either way I will order one tonight and let everyone know how it goes.
2013-09-26 3:49 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by jlruhnke I am not good at dead pan. The minute I walk out on the pool deck I will bust out laughing. Either way I will order one tonight and let everyone know how it goes.

Love it

2013-09-26 5:55 PM

User image

Seattle
Originally posted by r3dey3

Originally posted by r3dey3 Went with and as well as a grab bag one. Should be a fun season next year

Why do I have the feeling that the black tie is for something a little more special than a tri race?

We're gonna pick a silly sprint (not that sprints are silly, just that this one would be), where we can meet up, wear our favorite silly suit, and get silly.  It's on.

Mon/Betty/BEBG is in.  I bet she can get Tony to wear the Borat suit.  I'm feelin it.

R3, looks like you're in Ohio.  If we pick a heartland deal, will you try to make it?  I want to see the sparkly.

As long as it doesn't conflict with IM Lake Placid or Syracuse 70.3, I'll try to be there. Anything within a 6-8 hour drive is game

We may have to do a "meeting wizard" or something to see when it will work in people's schedules.

Who would like to try to make this happen? 

So far:

Switch

Salty (Yes, I'm putting you down)

Betty

Tony (Yes, I'm putting you down too)

Elaine

R3 (Kenny)

Brad?

Shoot, I feel like I'm missing someone, but if I am, don't take it personally.  I haven't slept in a couple days.

Anyone is welcome, but you'll be extra welcome if you commit to a silly suit, with bonus points for glitter in T1

I may have to get "Switch" emblazoned on my butt. 

Holy off-season stir crazy Batman!

Hmmmm....

2013-09-26 5:56 PM
in reply to: mcmanusclan5

User image

Seattle
Originally posted by mcmanusclan5

Dayum!  Welp, this makes all my orange kits seem pretty dang tame.  Laughing

I'll have to direct the better half there with a weapons free for B-day/x-mas - if she'll run alongside with!

Thanks for the PSA.  Wink

I love orange, SO much.

2013-09-26 6:23 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by Asalzwed

Originally posted by r3dey3 Went with and as well as a grab bag one. Should be a fun season next year :)

Why do I have the feeling that the black tie is for something a little more special than a tri race?

We're gonna pick a silly sprint (not that sprints are silly, just that this one would be), where we can meet up, wear our favorite silly suit, and get silly.  It's on.

Mon/Betty/BEBG is in.  I bet she can get Tony to wear the Borat suit.  I'm feelin it.

R3, looks like you're in Ohio.  If we pick a heartland deal, will you try to make it?  I want to see the sparkly.

As long as it doesn't conflict with IM Lake Placid or Syracuse 70.3, I'll try to be there. Anything within a 6-8 hour drive is game

We may have to do a "meeting wizard" or something to see when it will work in people's schedules.

So far:

Switch

Betty

Elaine

R3 (Kenny)

Brad?

Shoot, I feel like I'm missing someone, but if I am, don't take it personally.  I haven't slept in a couple days.

Anyone is welcome, but you'll be extra welcome if you commit to a silly suit, with bonus points for glitter in T1 :)

Hmmmm....

Hmmmm?

That's all you have to say?

Where's the excitement? Where's the love?

Damn, woman.

Listen, it doesn't mean you'd be coming out of tri retirement.  The whole thing would be one big joke.  The other race participants have no idea how awesome it will be to have our group of nut jobs descend upon their race.  We can't mess up anyone's race with our goofiness now (pfft...no one walk backwards into the guy kickin' it at the finish line, ok?), but we can look goofy and make people smile and have a good training day.   

Really, if we were smart about it, we'd see which RD would put out the highest bid for our presence.

2013-09-26 7:11 PM
in reply to: ratherbeswimming

User image

I have this one:

This one:

(yes, it's shimmery!)

This one:

(Yes, I'm in the Army National Guard )

That wonder women one is fantastic! I might just have to buy a fun suit to race with next summer - 5k OWS.
2013-09-26 9:26 PM

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by r3dey3 Went with and as well as a grab bag one. Should be a fun season next year

So far:

Switch

Betty

Elaine

R3 (Kenny)

Brad?

Anyone is welcome, but you'll be extra welcome if you commit to a silly suit, with bonus points for glitter in T1

Hmmmm....

Hmmmm?

Damn, woman.

Listen, it doesn't mean you'd be coming out of tri retirement.  The whole thing would be one big joke.  The other race participants have no idea how awesome it will be to have our group of nut jobs descend upon their race.  We can't mess up anyone's race with our goofiness now (pfft...no one walk backwards into the guy kickin' it at the finish line, ok?), but we can look goofy and make people smile and have a good training day.   

Really, if we were smart about it, we'd see which RD would put out the highest bid for our presence.

You're such a girl naaaah don't mistake my hmmm for lack of enthusiasm. I'm just pondering logistics. What time frame is the "off season?" See, us runners don't know what those are I'll be east in April. Is that too late?

2013-09-26 10:23 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by r3dey3 Went with and as well as a grab bag one. Should be a fun season next year :)

So far:

Switch

Betty

Elaine

R3 (Kenny)

Brad?

Anyone is welcome, but you'll be extra welcome if you commit to a silly suit, with bonus points for glitter in T1 :)

Hmmmm....

Hmmmm?

Damn, woman.

You're such a girl :) naaaah don't mistake my hmmm for lack of enthusiasm. I'm just pondering logistics. What time frame is the "off season?" See, us runners don't know what those are ;) I'll be east in April. Is that too late?

Dang, it may be too early.

Speedos. Bikinis. April.  Brrrr.

We need to figure out logistics.

I just tried trifind, but couldn't find chit for 2014.

I'm thinking midwest for two reasons:

1) It's central

2) Lots of people who responded to this thread saying they would wear the sillyness and do the race are midwesterns.  Why? Cause wedon'tgiveafach and we like to have a good time. 

2013-09-26 10:40 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

So far:

Switch

Betty

Elaine

R3 (Kenny)

Brad?

Hmmmm....

Hmmmm?

Damn, woman.

You're such a girl naaaah don't mistake my hmmm for lack of enthusiasm. I'm just pondering logistics. What time frame is the "off season?" See, us runners don't know what those are I'll be east in April. Is that too late?

1) It's central

2) Lots of people who responded to this thread saying they would wear the sillyness and do the race are midwesterns.  Why? Cause wedon'tgiveafach and we like to have a good time. 

Man I would love to join you but it might be a bit too far to come
2013-09-26 11:12 PM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by StaceyK

So far:

Switch

Betty

Elaine

R3 (Kenny)

Brad?

Hmmmm....

Hmmmm?

Damn, woman.

1) It's central

Man I would love to join you but it might be a bit too far to come

I'm gonna be in Australia over Christmas and New Years. Maybe we could do a Southern Hemisphere version?!?

2013-09-26 11:13 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

I'm gonna be in Australia over Christmas and New Years. Maybe we could do a Southern Hemisphere version?!?

Which part of Australia?
2013-09-26 11:15 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Adelaide and about two hours away from there on the Murray, and one night in Brisbane on my way back to the States.

Are you in Perth?

2013-09-26 11:17 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

Adelaide and about two hours away from there on the Murray, and one night in Brisbane on my way back to the States.

Are you in Perth?

Yep.

Come earlier and come west. There is a tri on 15th December we might even be able to get Yanti to join us if she is in town.
2013-09-26 11:19 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

I've been watching you guys talk about that but my tickets are set in stone.  I leave here on the 15th to get there on the 17th, I believe.

:/

2013-09-26 11:24 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

I've been watching you guys talk about that but my tickets are set in stone.  I leave here on the 15th to get there on the 17th, I believe.

:/

Oh poo. There is nothing in Adelaide, you don't want to go there
I'm not sure if Yanti is still coming to WA seeing how she isn't doing Busso any more.
2013-09-27 6:14 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

So far:

Switch

Betty

Elaine

R3 (Kenny)

Brad?

Hmmmm....

Hmmmm?

Damn, woman.

1) It's central

Yeah, you may want to consider temperature on this, it may matter to someone as they exit the water...

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Would you or wouldn't you? Rss Feed  

of 5