BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 52

2014-12-19 12:17 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Seattle
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered)

I'm also in a weird spot with teams...

As you guys know I am really interested in the stuff Oiselle is doing. I am part of their team now (I don't know that I told you guys that) but they don't really have much in place for workouts. They do a Sunday long run that is a little inconvenient for me both is that it's not super close to home, it's done early AND some of the girls get a little ... I dunno competitive? (not in a terrible way) but they force a faster pace than I prefer for that type of run. 

Anyway, all that being said, my other club holds Wednesday and Saturday workouts and it's comprised of most of the best runners in the state and is really good for me. 

So, I'm just not sure what I should do. It's not like either of them has an expectation of commit 100% (after all, I'm not a pro) although if CNW pays for my races obviously I need to run in the clubs stuff. But I'm not sure how to be involved with Oiselle too. 

2014-12-19 12:18 PM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Denver, CO
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered)

Originally posted by Richardsdrr Another thing to add to the list of things I haven't tried... Starbucks. Pumpkin. Egg nog.

Oh my goodness.  That's positively tragic.

2014-12-19 12:19 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by Asalzwed

As you guys know I am really interested in the stuff Oiselle is doing. I am part of their team now (I don't know that I told you guys that) but they don't really have much in place for workouts. They do a Sunday long run that is a little inconvenient for me both is that it's not super close to home, it's done early AND some of the girls get a little ... I dunno competitive? (not in a terrible way) but they force a faster pace than I prefer for that type of run. 

Anyway, all that being said, my other club holds Wednesday and Saturday workouts and it's comprised of most of the best runners in the state and is really good for me. 

So, I'm just not sure what I should do. It's not like either of them has an expectation of commit 100% (after all, I'm not a pro) although if CNW pays for my races obviously I need to run in the clubs stuff. But I'm not sure how to be involved with Oiselle too. 

What is it that's interesting about Oiselle?

2014-12-19 12:21 PM

User image

Master
Driving across the wide-open nothingness of northern NM. No snowstorm to race this year, and it's a "balmy" 45*.
2014-12-19 12:26 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by cdban66

Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by laffinrock

I forgot to share some interesting news! It's kind of a long story and I can't yet share details but I have a sponsorship in the works with...get this...a local brewery!!!!!!!! Maybe sponsorship isn't the best term because what I was looking for was not money, or race fees paid but beer. And what I want to offer is connecting the beer community with the running community. Talk about a match made in heaven

Way cool!!!!!!!!

Ooooh, keeping my fingers crossed for you.  Added bonus:  it'll give you lots of opportunities to train for the beer mile!!

So apparantly Lance Armstrong failed at the beer mile. Ironic since he did beer commercials

Many would say that Michelob Ultra is not beer. 

put me down with the many group!

Yeah, I guess it was more of a bad adult beverage commercial

2014-12-19 12:28 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Seattle

Their outlook and perspective on the value of women in sport, their fearless challenges to the current way running (and USATF) is run, their stance on being a competitor emphasizing healthy mind and body (no negativity, tackling body image issues with vulnerable females) and I just plain ol' like their gear and the fact they are based here in Seattle.  

2014-12-19 12:32 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by 4agoodlife Driving across the wide-open nothingness of northern NM. No snowstorm to race this year, and it's a "balmy" 45*.

Whaddaya mean nothingness?! We have... grass... and... elk... and... um yeah, you're right.  Wait. We have cactus. You like cactus

2014-12-19 12:34 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.

Originally posted by 4agoodlife Driving across the wide-open nothingness of northern NM. No snowstorm to race this year, and it's a "balmy" 45*.

Whaddaya mean nothingness?! We have... grass... and... elk... and... um yeah, you're right.  Wait. We have cactus. You like cactus

And meth labs in RVs.
2014-12-19 12:34 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Their outlook and perspective on the value of women in sport, their fearless challenges to the current way running (and USATF) is run, their stance on being a competitor emphasizing healthy mind and body (no negativity, tackling body image issues with vulnerable females) and I just plain ol' like their gear and the fact they are based here in Seattle.  

Your involvement with them could be as an ambassador. You enjoy their product and their outlook and you promote them verbally and by wearing the clothes. I always notice when I see someone wearing Oiselle. Word of mouth will grow their brand. Growing their brand will help get the word out about their outlook.

2014-12-19 12:35 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by Richardsdrr Another thing to add to the list of things I haven't tried... Starbucks. Pumpkin. Egg nog.

2014-12-19 12:36 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by Richardsdrr

And meth labs in RVs.

Sad but true. But they won't escape that when they enter in to Kansas.

2014-12-19 12:38 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

So the question in my mind becomes, "what matters most to me?" The other question is "what is wrong with being in two?" If question 2 seems odd, it is simply because I have no clue on how all of this should work.

From a simpleton's perspective, follow your heart.

2014-12-19 12:42 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Hm.  I can see why you'd want to be associated with them, but it doesn't seem like their team is a good fit.  Maybe there's another way you can associate with them?  Maybe they'd sponsor you on your mountain runs as you raise money for a related charity.  It could turn into a "Women Conquering Mountains" thing or something...

2014-12-19 1:16 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

I love their gear!  I think I found them in May and now have 5 shorts, 4 warm weather shirts, 1 cold weather shirt and a pair of sweat type pants that may be the most comfortable things ever!

So, if being on their team gets you gear or discounted gear, I can't imagine leaving it 

2014-12-19 1:18 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

We should have a game to find other things Darren has never tried and that make us say, "WTF?"!! 

2014-12-19 1:21 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

DANG, do I ever have a LOT to get caught up on. 

Firstly - GOOOOO MANATEE RACERS, GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Secondly - Christ on a crutch you DL'ers, get better already!  

And onto the other stuff...

Xmas memories - probably the biggest that sticks out in my mind is that my brother and I always got the exact same thing in our stocking every year... socks (most likely a 3-pack from Sears until Costco opened and then it was a 17-pack or however many Costco stuck in there, a magazine, some chocolate coins, and a mandarin orange in the toe.  My grandparents were also notorious for getting all the grandkids the same thing. Amber (our cousin) and I would get the same ugly top, and my brother, Baxter & Ryan (the boy cousins) would get the same plaid polo shirt and my parents would all get the exact same thing.  Gotta keep it even between the kids, ya know.  Christmas Eve was always at my grandparent's house, Christmas morning at my parents and Christmas dinner at the aunt and uncle's where there would be the annual watching of "the best sports plays" of that year.  Good times!  

2014-12-19 1:25 PM

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.

Here's the latest iteration of the rules for the Salty Manatee Month of Motivational Mayhem Challenge:

1. The challenge starts on 1/1/2015.
  2. Logs will be checked on Thursday nights after 6 p.m. MST, with results posted on Fridays. The first report will be on 1/2/2015.
  3. Reporting will be number of days you met your goal during the week (e.g., 2/7, 5/7, 7/7).  Final report will be x/31.  Total time, total distance, or type(s) of activity won't be reported.  It' not a competition for who did how much of what or for how long.
  4. Goals can be either 10 min./day or something specific like Matt's (30 min. stretching, etc.) or Chris's (5 run days, 2 yoga days).  If you want a specific goal other than 10 min./day, please post it in the forum or send Mary a PM if you don't want it made public.
  5. Logs will be checked on Thursday nights after 6 p.m. Mountain Standard Time.
  6. If you're injured, you can probably still do something for 10 min. unless you’re really injured. No credit if you don’t do some sort of athletic-related activity for 10 min., including stretching or PT.
  7. If you're sick, you’re sick. If you can manage 10 min. of something, great. If not, you miss a day.
  8. No banking allowed.  The point of the challenge is to work on consistency.

I think we're pretty close to having final rules but there's still time to cuss and discuss if anybody disagrees with any of the above.

Also, here's who I have participating:

• me
  • Chris
  • Melanie
  • TJ
  • Kirsten
  • Ann-Marie
  • Janyne
  • Stacey
  • Monica
  • Matt
  • Judi

Anybody else?

me! I didn't read any of the instructions (per usual) but I'm in! 

Not sure if I'm in on this yet. Probably will as I've signed up to Jantastic again. Seems they've made a few alterations to it this year. You can link your strava account to it, so hopefully I won't have to log it separately on the site, and they allow cycling and swimming this year.
2014-12-19 1:27 PM

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.

We should have a game to find other things Darren has never tried and that make us say, "WTF?"!! 

I can think of many
2014-12-19 1:29 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

When we had a Russian hockey player living with us I was amazed at the things he hadn't ever eaten like maple syrup, peanut butter or jelly

2014-12-19 1:30 PM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

Here's the latest iteration of the rules for the Salty Manatee Month of Motivational Mayhem Challenge:

1. The challenge starts on 1/1/2015.
  2. Logs will be checked on Thursday nights after 6 p.m. MST, with results posted on Fridays. The first report will be on 1/2/2015.
  3. Reporting will be number of days you met your goal during the week (e.g., 2/7, 5/7, 7/7).  Final report will be x/31.  Total time, total distance, or type(s) of activity won't be reported.  It' not a competition for who did how much of what or for how long.
  4. Goals can be either 10 min./day or something specific like Matt's (30 min. stretching, etc.) or Chris's (5 run days, 2 yoga days).  If you want a specific goal other than 10 min./day, please post it in the forum or send Mary a PM if you don't want it made public.
  5. Logs will be checked on Thursday nights after 6 p.m. Mountain Standard Time.
  6. If you're injured, you can probably still do something for 10 min. unless you’re really injured. No credit if you don’t do some sort of athletic-related activity for 10 min., including stretching or PT.
  7. If you're sick, you’re sick. If you can manage 10 min. of something, great. If not, you miss a day.
  8. No banking allowed.  The point of the challenge is to work on consistency.

I think we're pretty close to having final rules but there's still time to cuss and discuss if anybody disagrees with any of the above.

Also, here's who I have participating:

• me
  • Chris
  • Melanie
  • TJ
  • Kirsten
  • Ann-Marie
  • Janyne
  • Stacey
  • Monica
  • Matt
  • Judi

Anybody else?

me! I didn't read any of the instructions (per usual) but I'm in! 

Not sure if I'm in on this yet. Probably will as I've signed up to Jantastic again. Seems they've made a few alterations to it this year. You can link your strava account to it, so hopefully I won't have to log it separately on the site, and they allow cycling and swimming this year.

sure - why the hell not? My IM training officially starts 12/29 so I'm in if I want to be or not

Hope everyone is gearing up for great holiday!
2014-12-19 1:30 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

I can think of many

Are we still talking about food?

2014-12-19 1:39 PM

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.

When we had a Russian hockey player living with us I was amazed at the things he hadn't ever eaten like maple syrup, peanut butter or jelly

Another thing to add to the list of things I haven't tried...
Starbucks.
Pumpkin.
Egg nog.
Maple Syrup.
Peanut Butter.
2014-12-19 1:40 PM

User image

Master

I can think of many

Are we still talking about food?

We might be, but he's not.
2014-12-19 1:45 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Another thing to add to the list of things I haven't tried... Starbucks. Pumpkin. Egg nog. Maple Syrup. Peanut Butter.

Dude, if you say Nutella, I may cry.

2014-12-19 2:00 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Another thing to add to the list of things I haven't tried... Starbucks. Pumpkin. Egg nog. Maple Syrup. Peanut Butter.

This is getting serious!!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered) Rss Feed  

of 52

RELATED POSTS

Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 103

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 63282 Posts: 2563

2014-10-29 8:19 AM IndoIronYanti

Funked Up Triathletes - Season 2 - Olympic/Sprint Focus - Closed Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27

Started by funkj25
Views: 42634 Posts: 669

2018-01-16 11:34 PM aviatrix802

Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 72958 Posts: 2488

2014-07-30 9:43 AM IndoIronYanti

Slornow and Wannabefaster's Summer Group-CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54

Started by slornow
Views: 50662 Posts: 1331

2014-12-18 10:15 PM wannabefaster

Todd's Tri Turtles 3 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) Basically Closed Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23

Started by Hunting Triathlete
Views: 25845 Posts: 569

2014-12-14 7:18 PM cassowary
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.