User image

Subject: RE: My wife is going to kill me
Does she have a twin sister? ??

2014-12-10 2:54 PM
in reply to: djmikula

User image

Pro

Originally posted by djmikula Does she have a twin sister? ??

It's not this simple. 

You, as the man, have to be willing to go the extra mile and make the kind of sacrifices for her that I just spoke of.  Not every man is cut out for it. It's no easy thing.

2014-12-10 3:09 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Sensei
Sin City

I doubt the my wife pays enough attention to the stable to know if a new bike was added or not.  Just hang it from the ceiling with the rest and it just gets lost in all the wheels, spokes, tubing, etc...

Also the same reason I chose NOT to get a new playstation 4 in white.  Exchanging the black for black at approximately the same size and it will never be noticed.  OR just add it to the stack of AV equipment and it gets lost in the masses.  As long as she knows how to turn it on and work the remote, she doesn't care/know what kind of equipment is over there.

Let me add, I'm sure her wardrobe is constantly growing, and to me, what's one more pair of shoes, one more coat, or several new outfits when hung up with the rest?

As long as the bills are paid, the savings are growing, and we are doing what we want in terms of home improvements, vacations or if we want a new car, it really doesn't matter to either of us where the money is spent after that.  

Edited by Kido 2014-12-10 3:13 PM
2014-12-10 3:19 PM
in reply to: Swimaway

User image

Exton, PA
Originally posted by Swimaway

Left brain - how does one buy a horse??? Do I just call stables? What types of horses should I be looking at? Wife likes horses... Never thought about getting her one before.

Yes go for the horse. In case of a bad economy the carbon fiber tastes horrible! horse on the other hand is yummy!
2014-12-10 3:27 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Richland, Washington
Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by Swimaway Left brain - how does one buy a horse??? Do I just call stables? What types of horses should I be looking at? Wife likes horses... Never thought about getting her one before.

The first thing I did was buy my wife a package of riding lessons for her b-day one year.......she fell for it hook, lilne, and sinker.  To this day she thinks it was the best thing I have ever done for her and is a measure of how much I care about her and understand her.  I just bathed in the light of my goodness and counted the days until her lessons were over and she wanted a horse of her own.  Of course, when the time came, I surprised her again with my overwhelming generosity and love for her by buying her a horse.  Really, that was about the last time I had to have a conversation with her about anything.  I hardly even see her.  I don't have anyone to explain anything to.....and she's sometimes gone long enough that if she sees something new around the house I can tell that she's really not sure if it was there the last time she was home or not.  For my part, I have faked a horrifying fear of horses since the first day she invited me "up to the stable".  I made up a story about being kicked by a horse when I was a kid.  I told her that for her I would try again to see if I could overcome it......and you can bet your arse I put on a brave front....but it was not to be.  The fear is overwhelming.  It's even  worse than my cat alllergy.   

All in all, horses have improved the quality of my life. 

You sir, are a god. I owe you a beer. I'm riding to the riding center right now
2014-12-10 9:07 PM

Scottsdale, AZ
this thread cracks me up, and the story about the horse is BRILLIANT! I swear it is how my husband gets out of laundry - he ruined one load and I've never let him do it again .....hmmmmmm.

I also love how this is from a man's point of view...in my house it is the other way around.

I'm always saying I want a new bike/gps/gear etc...and my husband is the one that rolls his eyes and wants to know why I need it when I have 2 perfectly good bikes in the garage.

2014-12-10 10:09 PM
in reply to: runspingirl

User image

Extreme Veteran
Issaquah
Buying on the sly never works well for me. My wife usually notices at some point. Then you have an awkward conversation that goes something like - "What bike? Oh THAT bike? No it's not really new, it's been in the garage now for weeks/months and it's a cheapie anyway". Then I get the eye roll and some mumbling about needing a new car or something.
2014-12-11 6:17 AM

User image

Pro
, New Hampshire
Good luck with that one… and it was nice having you on BT, I'm guessing once the truth comes out, it might be the last we get to see you here. :-)

I have almost the opposite problem… my wife is a very good triathlete, so whenever I buy a bike, she get's one too, and vice versa. It's nice, but it get's to be expensive. Not that mind though.
2014-12-11 6:40 AM

User image

Exton, PA
Originally posted by runspingirl
this thread cracks me up, and the story about the horse is BRILLIANT! I swear it is how my husband gets out of laundry - he ruined one load and I've never let him do it again .....hmmmmmm.

This is in the "mans Guide to marriage handbook" --continue to ruin the laundry until your wife refuses to let you do it again. 1 or 2 loads usually will do the trick.
2014-12-11 7:25 AM

User image

Originally posted by runspingirl

I also love how this is from a man's point of view...in my house it is the other way around.

I'm always saying I want a new bike/gps/gear etc...and my husband is the one that rolls his eyes and wants to know why I need it when I have 2 perfectly good bikes in the garage.

How do you think us guys get out of diapers!? Make a valiant effort but end up gagging/throwing up despite our best attempts to help and it's just easier for the wife to do it!
2014-12-11 8:16 AM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Expert
Ontario Canada
ENJOY your Death, Mister Greedy ,so what's the discount on the spare P5.

2014-12-11 8:22 AM
in reply to: Toefuzz

User image

Across the river from Memphis, Tennessee
Originally posted by Toefuzz
How do you think us guys get out of diapers!? Make a valiant effort but end up gagging/throwing up despite our best attempts to help and it's just easier for the wife to do it!

In my case it just ensured that I get the nastiest diapers all for myself.
2014-12-11 8:37 AM
in reply to: WebFootFreak

My solution: www.christianlouboutin.com

Wife wanted to order a pair of shoes about a month ago, and because of her shoe order she agreed to a new bike AND a buddies golf trip this spring for me.
2014-12-11 10:27 AM
in reply to: cappelwsu

User image

Expert
Boise, ID

My wife recently got into photography. You think cycling is bad... it's got nothing on photography!

2014-12-11 10:41 AM

User image

Champion
Carlsbad, California

You blew it for sure.

What you should have done was BUY TWO of them. One for you and one for her.

Changes the whole dynamic of bike purchasing.......

Seriously: Congrats on buying a ANOTHER awesome bike

2014-12-11 12:18 PM
in reply to: WaterDog66

User image

Richland, Washington
So as it turns out (I dragged this info out of the bike shop owner) my wife DID buy the bike for me. Ergo, I'm not dead yet..... I just need to up my game for her gift for xmas.

I went to the riding center. They looked at me like I was crazy (I rode my bike... apparently the girls at the stables aren't use to guys wearing spandex..) I couldn't get them to give me any sort of straight answer. It was kinda bizarre. So... I'm working on other options.

2014-12-11 12:50 PM

User image

Expert
Ontario Canada
So as it turns out (I dragged this info out of the bike shop owner) my wife DID buy the bike for me. Ergo, I'm not dead yet..... I just need to up my game for her gift for xmas.

I Guess You Do
2014-12-12 8:42 AM

User image

Veteran
Great White North
Originally posted by Swimaway

Update: bike shop just called. Apparently they cannot sell me the bike. I asked over and over again why not. The guy finally says "it's sold." To which I got a bit upset. He did his best to avoid the subject. Finally I flat out asked who bought it. He said. "I'm not allowed to tell you.... I was specifically told not to tell you. SHE was very adamant not to do so."

On that note. I'm pretty sure my wife just bought me that bike.

This changes things.

Now I have to find skmething equally as awesome to get her. HELP!

I'm on a ride.... Might be swinging by the dealership to look for a car for her...

must be nice
2014-12-12 9:14 AM
in reply to: mike761

User image

Extreme Veteran
Detroit, Michigan
Originally posted by mike761

Originally posted by DaveL

Originally posted by Goggles Pizzano

Just keep denying it or any knowledge of a new bike.  Even when she points right to it and says "it's new"...... deny it.

I have no recollection of that senator. 

this makes the most sense.

The best thing to do is dispose of the old one. I would be willing to pay for postage and I will ensure the offending, ruined old P5 is "taken care of"

Get rid of the old bike fast, and claim that the new bike is the same one you have been using for years.

Another option is to photoshop the new bike into old pictures!

As a woman, I don't know if I should be insulted by this or not... then again I am the type to notice one cookie missing from the tray. =)

My only suggestion to step up your game for Christmas is to take whatever she is interested in and buy her something top of the line. I enjoy cooking and would love it if Santa brought me some new Calphalon or Le Crueset pans. I love coffee and would love to splurge on that $2k espresso machine beast at Williams-Sonoma. Has she complained about her computer? New MacBook Pro. Etc.
2014-12-12 10:03 AM
in reply to: Miles around Midtown

User image

Expert
Boise, ID

Originally posted by Miles around Midtown

Just keep denying it or any knowledge of a new bike.  Even when she points right to it and says "it's new"...... deny it.

this makes the most sense. The best thing to do is dispose of the old one. I would be willing to pay for postage and I will ensure the offending, ruined old P5 is "taken care of"
Get rid of the old bike fast, and claim that the new bike is the same one you have been using for years. Another option is to photoshop the new bike into old pictures!
As a woman, I don't know if I should be insulted by this or not... then again I am the type to notice one cookie missing from the tray. =) My only suggestion to step up your game for Christmas is to take whatever she is interested in and buy her something top of the line. I enjoy cooking and would love it if Santa brought me some new Calphalon or Le Crueset pans. I love coffee and would love to splurge on that $2k espresso machine beast at Williams-Sonoma. Has she complained about her computer? New MacBook Pro. Etc.

No offense Midtown... but I had to laugh thinking about the level of pain that would come my way if I bought my wife kitchen stuff for Christmas. Hell would hath no furry.

2014-12-12 10:08 AM
in reply to: Aarondb4

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Aarondb4

Originally posted by Miles around Midtown

this makes the most sense. The best thing to do is dispose of the old one. I would be willing to pay for postage and I will ensure the offending, ruined old P5 is "taken care of"
Get rid of the old bike fast, and claim that the new bike is the same one you have been using for years. Another option is to photoshop the new bike into old pictures!
As a woman, I don't know if I should be insulted by this or not... then again I am the type to notice one cookie missing from the tray. =) My only suggestion to step up your game for Christmas is to take whatever she is interested in and buy her something top of the line. I enjoy cooking and would love it if Santa brought me some new Calphalon or Le Crueset pans. I love coffee and would love to splurge on that $2k espresso machine beast at Williams-Sonoma. Has she complained about her computer? New MacBook Pro. Etc.

No offense Midtown... but I had to laugh thinking about the level of pain that would come my way if I bought my wife kitchen stuff for Christmas. Hell would hath no furry.

X2 - I would be afraid to go to sleep.

2014-12-12 11:08 AM

User image

Pro

This is a great thread.  My wife was already into horses when we met.  Then again, I was into hang gliding at the time, so we both had busy weekends.  (FWIW, a nice hang glider costs about the same as a nice bike)

After we got married, I really wanted to buy a house with a garage, as where we were living didn't have one... for my Harley.  Well, I got the garage... along with a horse boarding stables on the property.  

Now I get to live in a rural area, on a beautiful piece of Sonoran desert, on the edge of town.  Great location for runs and bikes.  So, I'm enjoying it as well. 
Oh, and our barn manager.... takes out our garbage and mows my lawn.  So, I'm benefiting in ways I'd never imagined.

And now my daughter has a horse.  It's a nice horse that treats her well- they love each other.  She paints his hooves and he doesn't mind.  Every pre-teen girl should have one, as no boy can measure up.

But yeah, the way you make a small fortune in the horse business.... is to start with a large fortune.  They aren't cheap animals to keep.  You can't buy horseshoes at ProBikeKit.com at a 40% discount.

2014-12-12 1:45 PM

User image

Richland, Washington
The only thing she's been complaining about is her car... she wants an SUV as we are going to start having kids here in the next year or so. We are both into competitive waterskiing, so it's also a nice thing to have to throw the skis in when she heads down to the course. Right now she either takes my ride, or throws them on the top of her car.

I have her car right now. I'm taking it in for service at the dealer.. It may not come home with me... I love this car, but our life situation is changing a bit.
2014-12-12 1:48 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Swimaway The only thing she's been complaining about is her car... she wants an SUV as we are going to start having kids here in the next year or so. We are both into competitive waterskiing, so it's also a nice thing to have to throw the skis in when she heads down to the course. Right now she either takes my ride, or throws them on the top of her car. I have her car right now. I'm taking it in for service at the dealer.. It may not come home with me... I love this car, but our life situation is changing a bit.

I think she needs a King Ranch extended cab pickup. 

2014-12-13 12:51 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Richland, Washington
It's been a LONG day...

The Tesla didn't come home with me... it's "in the shop for recall work until after the holidays" or at least that's what I'm telling her.

It will never come home again

Wife got 420 ponies for Christmas

Now... to be able to hide the new ride... and not drive it for a few weeks.... That is the challenge...

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » My wife is going to kill me Rss Feed  

of 3

RELATED POSTS

My wife is going to kill me!

Started by Donto
Views: 1645 Posts: 19

2014-10-10 4:58 PM dprocket

Ladies - Wife's "junk" going numb - saddle advice?

Started by JM2
Views: 4218 Posts: 18

2011-04-04 9:38 PM itziaol

The wife would kill me but.....

Started by cstoulil
Views: 1493 Posts: 16

2010-09-23 4:16 PM morey000

I am so proud of my wife!

Started by Fred D
Views: 1464 Posts: 21

2010-04-12 8:57 AM mattb1

goings-on in the A.M.

Started by djoye
Views: 920 Posts: 5

2004-03-26 12:31 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.

date : July 2, 2006
author : Ontherun
comments : 0
Gut check! Striking a balance between your two loves can make and keep the relationship strong.