BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 107

2015-02-27 12:06 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Denver, CO
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?)

Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by brigby1

Originally posted by ponderingfox

My first race of the season is Sunday, and I'm looking forward to it!  A 5K with the weather south of freezing.  It will be a good fitness test.

Yikes!  I hope the roads aren't icy or whatever other type of mess you northern people get!!  Have fun

Ice giants and frost people trying to get you ...

You could make a ton of money with that kind of race!

We have a Yeti Chase every year here in Denver and there's a series of Yeti trail runs in Georgia

I'm scared of Bigfoot--one of my few phobias--so I won't be doing any of these.  Thank you, Mom and Dad, for taking me to the movie "Mysterious Monsters" when I was 6.  You'd think I'd be over it by now but I can't even look at the Great Divide Yeti Beer sign without my heart racing.

2015-02-27 12:08 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by laffinrock

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Originally posted by Asalzwed

The dude that hit me plead guilty yesterday and we are alllll done. I was talking to my victim's advocate on the phone and it brought up a lot more emotion than I thought it would. I was so glad I didn't have to testify. Yay. Glad to have that off my plate so I can truly move the eff on. I also feel the justice was served and hopefully with the prescribed treatment, he can come out of this a better person.

I'm glad it is over for you!  And, I hope he follows the treatment and changes for the better.

Well, he has no choice. If he fails to comply with any part of the deal he goes to jail for 316 days. No option to reduce that. 

That is an incredibly gracious way of looking at it.

You are cool beans and I'm really glad you have closure on this.

x100.  I'm so glad the case is over.  Don't be surprised if the emotions come up again.  That happens with trauma and the best way to manage it is to just let the feelings come out, then let them go.  (((Hugs)))

So glad for this too.

2015-02-27 12:23 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Pennsylvania

The dude that hit me plead guilty yesterday and we are alllll done. I was talking to my victim's advocate on the phone and it brought up a lot more emotion than I thought it would. I was so glad I didn't have to testify. Yay. Glad to have that off my plate so I can truly move the eff on. I also feel the justice was served and hopefully with the prescribed treatment, he can come out of this a better person.

I'm glad the worrying over the trial is over for you, hopefully the memories and emotions you are dealing with lessen and move on as well.  Your attitude surely helps, wanting a positive outcome for the aggressor.  I'm sure somewhere along the line someone has mentioned this, but sometimes talking to a professional can help deal with emotions and feelings.  Then again, you seem to have a very strong, healthy support network in friends/family/manatees (I had to say that) and a very good outlook on life in general.

2015-02-27 12:35 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Good to see this. I hope you and all your friends can begin to move on, I'm sure it won't be easy, but you are strong!!!

2015-02-27 1:16 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Pennsylvania

I am having serious focus issues today.  I am SO not into what I am working on at work.

In 'world' news, Leonard Nimoy has passed away.  Farewell, Spock.

2015-02-27 1:20 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by popsracer

Originally posted by fortissimo Can someone please explain to me why I'm craving S'mores Poptarts? Of course we have no Poptarts in the house and it's snowing so bad that you can't see across the street so going to the store right now isn't going to happen. ::sigh

OK, now I'm craving Frosted Strawberry PT's.  None in the house so will have to settle for Hostess Cupcakes.

I want all the ones involving chocolate.

Yes.

Don't know how I've stayed a Manatee so long -yuck to poptarts!!

Oh, Hands.  That's so very sad.  Have you previously disclosed this vital piece of information?  I don't have ultimate authority, but I say that your other Manatee-like qualities outweigh this terrible deficiency of a critical Manatee characteristic.  Even if you do brag about how warm it is!! 

2015-02-27 1:23 PM
in reply to: fortissimo

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by fortissimo So I shouldn't tell you that my principal put a dozen Winchell's chocolate donuts on my desk this morning? I might eat them all before lunch!

Did you manage to wait that long? ;-)

2015-02-27 1:24 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

I'm really glad to hear that this is behind you and that you did not have to testify.  {{hugs}}

2015-02-27 1:28 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Originally posted by laffinrock

I'm glad it is over for you!  And, I hope he follows the treatment and changes for the better.

Well, he has no choice. If he fails to comply with any part of the deal he goes to jail for 316 days. No option to reduce that. 

That is an incredibly gracious way of looking at it.

You are cool beans and I'm really glad you have closure on this.

x100.  I'm so glad the case is over.  Don't be surprised if the emotions come up again.  That happens with trauma and the best way to manage it is to just let the feelings come out, then let them go.  (((Hugs)))

So glad for this too.

Glad you got the peace and resolution from this that you hoped for.

2015-02-27 1:35 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Originally posted by melbo55

I am having serious focus issues today.  I am SO not into what I am working on at work.

I can relate on the work focus today.  I'm just killing time until I leave for a followup CT scan in Seattle this afternoon.  I have to go in every six months to make sure all is well with my health issues.  It's been all good for five and half years but it never gets easier.  Heck, I'm going to leave now and go for a quick swim. 

Spock was such a huge character and was truly one of my favorites.  Loved that guy.

Have a great weekend everybody!!

2015-02-27 1:40 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Right there with you!!  My big task today is redacting patient information out of a huge bunch of documents.  So much fun I just can't contain myself.  I'm the only one in my office all afternoon so it's going to be mighty quiet.

As for Spock, he did live long and prosper.  May he now rest in peace.  Meanwhile William Shatner continues to entertain.

2015-02-27 1:42 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Denver, CO

I can relate on the work focus today.  I'm just killing time until I leave for a followup CT scan in Seattle this afternoon.  I have to go in every six months to make sure all is well with my health issues.  It's been all good for five and half years but it never gets easier.  Heck, I'm going to leave now and go for a quick swim. 

Spock was such a huge character and was truly one of my favorites.  Loved that guy.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a clean CT, Pops!  Lots of positive thoughts coming your way.

2015-02-27 1:58 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by rrrunner

As the subject of watching bike races on tv/computer regularly surfaces in this group I thought I'd share this Velo article for those that didn't catch it.

More info from VeloNews about where to find broadcasts of cycling races this year.

2015-02-27 2:13 PM
in reply to: popsracer

Master
Northern IL

Focus is trailing off this afternoon. I actually like some of what I'm working on, but it's Friday afternoon and haven't slept great the past few nights. Mind decided to jolt wide awake half way through the night and then stay up a couple hours.

2015-02-27 2:20 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Focus is trailing off this afternoon. I actually like some of what I'm working on, but it's Friday afternoon and haven't slept great the past few nights. Mind decided to jolt wide awake half way through the night and then stay up a couple hours.

Friday afternoons are usually crap for me when it comes to focus.

2015-02-27 2:22 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!

A listing of Manatee Races, Rides and Runs and other events

February 28-March 1
Jetson - Conoco Phillips Rodeo Run 10k on Saturday
Ann-Marie - Swamp House HM on Sunday
Matt MS - Colvin 20k ITT and crit (all weekend)
Tom - Splash n Dash 3 on Sunday

Disabled List
Mary - knee/hip/shoulder
Randee - acid reflux
Yanti - Chikungunya
Spanky -tweaked back

Congratulations to Jen on starting her new job this week and congratulations to Mr. Mary (aka Alex) who just got a new job as well.

2015-02-27 2:48 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing Manatees!

February 28-March 1

Disabled List
Mary - knee/hip/shoulder
Randee - acid reflux
Yanti - Chikungunya
Spanky -tweaked back

Congratulations to Jen on starting her new job this week and congratulations to Mr. Mary (aka Alex) who just got a new job as well.

GOOOOOO RACERS!!!  Remember to keep the rubber side down whether you are riding or running!

Heal, DLers, heal!

2015-02-27 2:50 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Hoping all goes well with your scan, Steve.

2015-02-27 2:54 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Racing Manatees!

February 28-March 1

Disabled List
Mary - knee/hip/shoulder
Randee - acid reflux
Yanti - Chikungunya
Spanky -tweaked back

Race well and heal up!!!

Congrats Jen and Alex. This is truly good news.

Good luck Steve.

2015-02-27 3:00 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Racing Manatees!

February 28-March 1

Disabled List
Mary - knee/hip/shoulder
Randee - acid reflux
Yanti - Chikungunya
Spanky -tweaked back

GO MANATEES GO!  

Heal up DLers.  

Congratulations Jen and Mr. Mary!!  

2015-02-27 3:02 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Racing Manatees!

February 28-March 1

Disabled List
Mary - knee/hip/shoulder
Randee - acid reflux
Yanti - Chikungunya
Spanky -tweaked back

ZIP ZIP ZOOOOOOOOOOM, racers!!

DL'ers, you know what you gotta do.  I seem to be on the mend but not quite ready to come off the DL.  The knee seems to be fine now so at least that can go away.  Going to test out the shoulder this weekend.

Congrats on the new job, Jen!! 

I'll pass on everybody's congrats to Alex as well.  He couldn't be more thrilled and I love seeing how excited he is.  He's going to get his summers back (his current job is super busy all summer) so I told him I'm already planning races for him.  He put the immediate kibosh on a tri because that would involve *swimming* (he said with a grimace).  Oh well.  Maybe we can do some trail racing or something in the Fall when he's gotten back in shape.

2015-02-27 3:17 PM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Goooo Racey Racers!

Heaaaaal Gimpy Gazelles

Salty I understand your friends' sentiment and appreciate their concern for you. Sometimes "secondary victims" don't understand all of the moving parts of the judicial system, because they aren't directly involved, and often feel that justice wasn't served. I think this is a good solution for you, and I am once again awed at your ability to look at the big picture and to want to give him a chance to straigten out his life.  I am confident that you, and your friends, will work through these feelings and come out stronger on the other side. And I hope that he takes full advantage of this opportunity.

2015-02-27 3:21 PM

User image

Master

Awesome news, Adrienne.   Totally respect your outlook.  I know I have made mistakes, based on split second emotions, that could have gotten me into trouble.   We all deserve a second chance.  Hopefully he takes it and runs with it. 

2015-02-27 3:22 PM

User image

Master

Racing Manatees!

February 28-March 1

Disabled List
Mary - knee/hip/shoulder
Randee - acid reflux
Yanti - Chikungunya
Spanky -tweaked back

Gooooo racey racers!  Heaaaaal DL'ers.  Congratulations to the new job holders!

Steve, hope your CT goes well.

2015-02-27 3:30 PM

User image

Melon Presser

GO JETSON!!!
GO HANDS-MARIE!!!
GO MISSISSIPPEE!!!
GO FOXAY!!!

Disabled List
HappyStoned you're doing awesome
Randeetee hope the scope clarified (not to be confused with Dazzer's IM for Scope)
Yanti Chikjustwantingaplaindiseaseshecanspell
Superpoofdaddy oy! So much shoveling. Warm healing {MELON PRESS}

YAY WONDERMOOSE!!!

YAY MR. HAPPYSTONED!!!

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  

of 107

RELATED POSTS

Ben's Mentor Group w/ Google Hangouts! ***CLOSED*** Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

Started by bcagle25
Views: 15436 Posts: 182

2015-03-13 3:55 PM wannabefaster

Ryan Mac’s HIM Focus Group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26

Started by Ryan Mac
Views: 28087 Posts: 639

2015-06-15 3:22 PM Ryan Mac

TZCoaching tri getting started group! - CLOSED Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by tzcoaching
Views: 11863 Posts: 98

2015-03-01 12:25 PM tzcoaching

Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 66346 Posts: 2498

2015-02-23 11:27 AM IndoIronYanti

Gray Guys/Girls Master's Focus Triathlon Mentor Group--CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52

Started by lutzman
Views: 54757 Posts: 1284

2016-01-02 4:01 PM lutzman
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2015
author : Team BT
comments : 2
Are you new? Are you starting to train for your first race in 2015? Join a mentor group to get all of your questions answered.

date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.
date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.

date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.
date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.