2016-03-28 11:19 AM
in reply to: davejustdave

User image

Champion
Montague Gold Mines, Nova Scotia
Subject: RE: % of FTP for a Sprint
Originally posted by davejustdave

sigh

so you don't race a sprint as fast as you can?
A sprint is a SPRIIINNNNT. If you are doing it to be a competitor, not a completitor. It's about MAX effort, not sustained effort for a whole day.

Perspective.... we are talking about an effort of +/- 1 hr: 3:15 swim, 35 min bike, 21 min r plus transitions, not a 5 hr HIM . hence the term "sprint"
maybe I just approach it different, but I personally have it just about as wound out as possible..

Short distance is relative. In triathlon, 14 miles is very short, 300 yards or meters is insanely short, and 3 miles is pretty darn short too. So, sorry, I didn't differentiate between my 25 yard swim, 400 yard bike, 100 yard run pace, but we are talking 100% vs ninety..what 7? 8?

I thought ST was the semantics forum.

It's not semantics, it's physiology.

When I was seriously racing I always tried to cover the distance as fast as I could. Doesn't mean I was going all out in each discipline because that is impossible.

Statements like "you don't need to pace a sprint" are not only incorrect, they are incredibly unhelpful for beginners.

Shane

2016-03-28 11:23 AM
in reply to: nc452010

User image

Champion
Montague Gold Mines, Nova Scotia
Originally posted by nc452010

Well......no. I'm not going as fast as I can for the distance of the individual leg. I'm going as fast as I can for the distance of the individual leg..........considering there are two other legs.

I'm not writing this to argue with you. We can certainly disagree, and like I said....you're the coach.

I don't think there's any disagreement. Just that you are pacing the individual legs based on the other events to follow - except the run - the last km for anyone rack is probably just about all out.

Shane
2016-03-28 11:28 AM
in reply to: 0

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by davejustdave sigh

so you don't race a sprint as fast as you can? A sprint is a SPRIIINNNNT. If you are doing it to be a competitor, not a completitor. It's about MAX effort, not sustained effort for a whole day.

Perspective.... we are talking about an effort of +/- 1 hr: 3:15 swim, 35 min bike, 21 min r plus transitions, not a 5 hr HIM . hence the term "sprint" maybe I just approach it different, but I personally have it just about as wound out as possible..

Short distance is relative. In triathlon, 14 miles is very short, 300 yards or meters is insanely short, and 3 miles is pretty darn short too. So, sorry, I didn't differentiate between my 25 yard swim, 400 yard bike, 100 yard run pace, but we are talking 100% vs ninety..what 7? 8?

I thought ST was the semantics forum.

Every race is done "as fast as you can" be it sprint, Ironman, or whatever. The actual pace/speed/effort changes with the length of the race, but is still done to the best of one's ability within the context of that race. A number of people in this thread can go over 1,000 watts if they truyly sprinted for a few seconds, however, this is 3,4,5 times as high as what they could sustain for a sprint triathlon. This is a very substantial difference in effort.

Edited by brigby1 2016-03-28 11:29 AM
2016-03-28 11:31 AM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by davejustdave sigh so you don't race a sprint as fast as you can? A sprint is a SPRIIINNNNT. If you are doing it to be a competitor, not a completitor. It's about MAX effort, not sustained effort for a whole day. Perspective.... we are talking about an effort of +/- 1 hr: 3:15 swim, 35 min bike, 21 min r plus transitions, not a 5 hr HIM . hence the term "sprint" maybe I just approach it different, but I personally have it just about as wound out as possible.. Short distance is relative. In triathlon, 14 miles is very short, 300 yards or meters is insanely short, and 3 miles is pretty darn short too. So, sorry, I didn't differentiate between my 25 yard swim, 400 yard bike, 100 yard run pace, but we are talking 100% vs ninety..what 7? 8? I thought ST was the semantics forum.

Since you used yourself as an example......here's another example (and some more "perspective").  Under my roof at home is a kid who will do that race in about 53 minutes +/- depending on transitions......he's not "all-out"....he couldn't do that.  And he's a top 3-5 at AG Sprint Nationals overall.

It's funny, because you actually agreed with that on the swim thread when you said nobody can do a 500 at their 100 pace, and you were exactly right.  My kid can't run those three miles at his mile pace...not even close.  What your pace should be to keep yourself from blowing up is whatever it is individually.....but your not going all out without blowing up....and if you don't blow up, you weren't going all out, because you can't.  A sprint triathlon is an endurance event....it's not a 100M dash.

Edited by Left Brain 2016-03-28 11:33 AM
2016-03-28 11:35 AM

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by nc452010 Well......no. I'm not going as fast as I can for the distance of the individual leg. I'm going as fast as I can for the distance of the individual leg..........considering there are two other legs. I'm not writing this to argue with you. We can certainly disagree, and like I said....you're the coach.

Truly going "all out" is only for a few seconds. Anything else is within the context of the race. That involves pacing, or holding something back from previously stated "all out" in order to have a more even output through the race so that one will get one to the finish line faster.

2016-03-28 11:43 AM

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by nc452010 Shane....you're the coach. But, even if I'm not all-out in a sprint, I have no idea where I could go harder (and still finish w/out stopping). I think this topic is interesting, but I have no concept of holding back, during a sprint (or 5 or 10K). The only pacing I do is asking myself if I can go any harder and not have to stop (before the finish line). Maybe I could go faster if I didn't redline the whole way? My last sprint was a few weeks ago. I haven't looked at my HR data (Again....it was a sprint!), but I felt redlined the whole way (once I was out of the water). I think my time was just over 59'.

Isn't this what we do in any race we're "racing" (and not just training through or the like)?

My effort level is much higher in a sprint, of course, but when I finish a HIM (or at least the few I've done) there is nothing left in the tank - at least if I paced it right.

Seems we just miiiiiight have a semantic argument here.  All out/sprint meaning either as fast as your arms/legs will turn over or alternately meaning as hard as you can go and still finish something that takes an hour (different from as fast as you go at any given moment) that is called a "Sprint".

As for percent effort, I'm going to go back and look at my logs (been so long since I've raced that I can't remember percentages... ugh!).

Matt

ETA the italicized part for clarity... even if it's all redundant to the above!

M

Edited by mcmanusclan5 2016-03-28 11:46 AM

2016-03-28 11:44 AM
in reply to: mcmanusclan5

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

Argh!  In the time it took me to ramble-type my post, y'all beat me to pretty much all my points.  BT rocks!

Matt

2016-03-28 11:45 AM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Expert
Pfafftown, NC
Originally posted by brigby1

Originally posted by nc452010 Well......no. I'm not going as fast as I can for the distance of the individual leg. I'm going as fast as I can for the distance of the individual leg..........considering there are two other legs. I'm not writing this to argue with you. We can certainly disagree, and like I said....you're the coach.

Truly going "all out" is only for a few seconds. Anything else is within the context of the race. That involves pacing, or holding something back from previously stated "all out" in order to have a more even output through the race so that one will get one to the finish line faster.

Given that definition (above), I think we're at least thinking the same thing. Using that definition, no one goes "all-out" in a 1 mi. race.

If that's THE definition, I sure won't argue with it.

2016-03-28 11:47 AM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by mcmanusclan5

Originally posted by nc452010 Shane....you're the coach. But, even if I'm not all-out in a sprint, I have no idea where I could go harder (and still finish w/out stopping). I think this topic is interesting, but I have no concept of holding back, during a sprint (or 5 or 10K). The only pacing I do is asking myself if I can go any harder and not have to stop (before the finish line). Maybe I could go faster if I didn't redline the whole way? My last sprint was a few weeks ago. I haven't looked at my HR data (Again....it was a sprint!), but I felt redlined the whole way (once I was out of the water). I think my time was just over 59'.

Isn't this what we do in any race we're "racing" (and not just training through or the like)?

My effort level is much higher in a sprint, of course, but when I finish a HIM (or at least the few I've done) there is nothing left in the tank - at least if I paced it right.

Seems we just miiiiiight have a semantic argument here.  All out/sprint meaning either as fast as your arms/legs will turn over or alternately meaning as hard as you can go and still finish something that takes an hour (different from as fast as you go at any given moment).

As for percent effort, I'm going to go back and look at my logs (been so long since I've raced that I can't remember percentages... ugh!).

Matt

It's actually nowhere close to semantics.  In fact, for someone like 3Mar, it's entirely possible to completely blow yourself up in a Sprint Triathlon.  I've spent the last 5 years watching VERY FAST sprint tri racers.....I've seen quite a few complete meltdowns because of pacing issues.   A sprint triathlon, raced correctly, is a very tough thing to master.

2016-03-28 11:50 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Originally posted by Left Brain

Seems we just miiiiiight have a semantic argument here.  All out/sprint meaning either as fast as your arms/legs will turn over or alternately meaning as hard as you can go and still finish something that takes an hour (different from as fast as you go at any given moment).

Matt

It's actually nowhere close to semantics.  In fact, for someone like 3Mar, it's entirely possible to completely blow yourself up in a Sprint Triathlon.  I've spent the last 5 years watching VERY FAST sprint tri racers.....I've seen quite a few complete meltdowns because of pacing issues.   A sprint triathlon, raced correctly, is a very tough thing to master.

I've run the first mile of sprint tri too fast and melted down embarrassing number of times. Pacing is key. Yes you can hide it in the sprint a bit better, but to run your fastest race requires a lot more than just "going all out"

2016-03-28 11:58 AM

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

Matt

The semantic part is the definition of "sprint."  As fast as you can go (sprint), or a length of race (sprint... triathlon).  Both use the same word.  Meanings are waaaay different, as suggested.  Hence, a semantic difference (which is about where we're heading with these posts). 

All in violent agreement. 

Matt

2016-03-28 12:02 PM

User image

Pro

Matt

The semantic part is the definition of "sprint."  As fast as you can go (sprint), or a length of race (sprint... triathlon).  Both use the same word.  Meanings are waaaay different, as suggested.  Hence, a semantic difference (which is about where we're heading with these posts). 

All in violent agreement. 

Matt

Ugh.......Monday.

2016-03-28 12:03 PM

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by nc452010
Originally posted by brigby1

Given that definition (above), I think we're at least thinking the same thing. Using that definition, no one goes "all-out" in a 1 mi. race. If that's THE definition, I sure won't argue with it.

I think people tend to shorten "all out for the distance" down to "all out", but do you see how that involves pacing and holding something back in the earlier going? At this point this isn't saying anything about a negative split or flat, you're just not going to run your 100m dash speed out the gate. This was also noted earlier by acknowledging the paces being different in the sprint tri vs doing the legs individually. The "all-out" changed.

When you think about this a little more, do you see how that type of answer is really just repeating back in statement form? I know they are trying to help, but the original question was essentially how to go as fast as one can for a stated distance (eg. all out for the distance). But some of the answers were to go all out for that distance. The OP is trying to find some other marker to work off of that he'll have a better idea of going in.

2016-03-28 12:24 PM

User image

Katy, Texas

In fact, for someone like 3Mar, it's entirely possible to completely blow yourself up in a Sprint Triathlon.   

Thanks LB. You have officially taken me from "back of my mind, but still functional-freaking out" to "afternoon bathroom run at work-freaking out".

I do think that my history of stinking up the bike will help me though. I've never over-biked, because my biking was so poor, I always just tried to stay alive on the bike, control the bleeding, then have a lot left in the tank for a run to make back what I lost. So this time around, pushing on the bike, is totally new territory. It opens a wide door for screwing up, but at least my history will help me keep it under control. I hope.
2016-03-28 12:25 PM
in reply to: davejustdave

User image

Coach
Stairway to Seven

Originally posted by AdventureBear

105%, 105%, 105%

this one goes to 11

Most people I know don't really think about FTP for sprints. All out is all out. FTP is good, but day to day you can have variances. Would be a shame to finish that race and feel like you left something on the table because you didn't want to go over a certain percentage.

Yep pretty much. The OP is already fast, and a fit athlete based on his numbers he's shared. Race day many people have so much more than they did in training. My guess is that if you races at 97% of his tested FTP for the bike, he'll have no trouble running a fast 3 miles...then he'll wonder how much faster he should have gone.

There will always be a next race though, so pick a strategy and try it out then make adjustments the next time.
2016-03-28 12:25 PM
in reply to: 3mar

User image

Pro

Originally posted by 3mar
Originally posted by Left Brain   In fact, for someone like 3Mar, it's entirely possible to completely blow yourself up in a Sprint Triathlon.   
Thanks LB. You have officially taken me from "back of my mind, but still functional-freaking out" to "afternoon bathroom run at work-freaking out". I do think that my history of stinking up the bike will help me though. I've never over-biked, because my biking was so poor, I always just tried to stay alive on the bike, control the bleeding, then have a lot left in the tank for a run to make back what I lost. So this time around, pushing on the bike, is totally new territory. It opens a wide door for screwing up, but at least my history will help me keep it under control. I hope.

If you don't lose your mind on the bike you are going to have a hell of a race.....watch and see.

2016-03-28 12:32 PM

User image

Coach
Stairway to Seven

In fact, for someone like 3Mar, it's entirely possible to completely blow yourself up in a Sprint Triathlon.   

Thanks LB. You have officially taken me from "back of my mind, but still functional-freaking out" to "afternoon bathroom run at work-freaking out".

I do think that my history of stinking up the bike will help me though. I've never over-biked, because my biking was so poor, I always just tried to stay alive on the bike, control the bleeding, then have a lot left in the tank for a run to make back what I lost. So this time around, pushing on the bike, is totally new territory. It opens a wide door for screwing up, but at least my history will help me keep it under control. I hope.

Screw up...what's the down side? YOu either go way faster than you thought you could, or you go slower. It's a sprint...it's supposed to hurt.

EDIT: if this were a half or an IM or you were slow or a beginner I'd be giving different suggestions!

Edited by AdventureBear 2016-03-28 12:33 PM
2016-03-28 12:59 PM

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania

Originally posted by Left Brain   In fact, for someone like 3Mar, it's entirely possible to completely blow yourself up in a Sprint Triathlon.   
Thanks LB. You have officially taken me from "back of my mind, but still functional-freaking out" to "afternoon bathroom run at work-freaking out". I do think that my history of stinking up the bike will help me though. I've never over-biked, because my biking was so poor, I always just tried to stay alive on the bike, control the bleeding, then have a lot left in the tank for a run to make back what I lost. So this time around, pushing on the bike, is totally new territory. It opens a wide door for screwing up, but at least my history will help me keep it under control. I hope.

Something to think about:  There's no such thing as screwing up.  There's only learning.  

No matter what happens, you'll come away a more skilled triathlete.

2016-03-28 2:18 PM
in reply to: TriMyBest

User image

Expert
Madison, Wisconsin
Originally posted by TriMyBest

Something to think about:  There's no such thing as screwing up.  There's only learning.  

No matter what happens, you'll come away a more skilled triathlete.

well you can learn, but if you repeat the same mistake then....

2016-03-28 2:54 PM
in reply to: bcagle25

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

To Ben's point of trying to give some numbers or such, I went back through last year's couple races.  One was a HIM, so not super useful.  Other was an Oly, so only kinda...  (will try to look at previous year's races tonight).

Oly was interesting.  Some background data points:

Swim was canceled. 
My FTP tested at about 240W not too long prior to the race.
Day before I raced (hard) an 8k.  Pace was 6:58 per mile, kinda hilly.

Given the swim was canceled, I decided to experiment and treat the bike as an FTP test, and then see what happened on the run.  When I got off, it was the cloudiest I have EVER been in transition.  So, not quite as hard as "shouldn't be able to stand" at the end of the test, but felt close.

I biked at 251W over the course, or 104% of what a 20 minute test predicted was my FTP (obviously was wrong, but 20' on the trainer vs. the adrenaline soaked environment of a race are, well, different for me - was my best Oly ride ever, winning my AG, which was a surprise).  Off that, I ran the 10k at 7:06 m/m per Garmin, 6:50 pace official.  First 5k were rough, then my legs came back under me and I negative split the race, IIRC.

So, that doesn't apply exactly to a sprint, but it's what I have at the moment.  From a recommendation standpoint, what stands out to me is that tests can be wrong and fitness can be better than you think.  Sometimes trying to blow up teaches you how to dig deeper and go faster.  Other times (and I've had this race, too), it teaches you not to overbike!  On this one, who knew....

I've found that the hard thing for me, as someone who is decidedly NOT a pro, is that every season is different.  My age is going up and the effects from that are occurring more rapidly (bigger delta each year) than ever.  Same time, my base has grown over the past few seasons (the current one excepted), building fitness.  So, what might work for one athlete this year, might not work next year (I've found that I can hold a higher level of suffering for a given distance each year - not pace, relative suffering).  Makes it even harder to know exactly what to recommend without really good knowledge of where that athlete is in their development.

ALL THAT said, I like the 95%-97% guideline, as I think it would work for me most of the time!

Good luck, and I'll try to look at some former sprints...
Matt

2016-03-28 3:18 PM

Master
Northern IL

To Ben's point of trying to give some numbers or such, I went back through last year's couple races.  One was a HIM, so not super useful.  Other was an Oly, so only kinda...  (will try to look at previous year's races tonight).

I honestly can't tell which one of us you mean there.

Anyway, much of what you're saying about pushing and trying to have the breakthroughs or learning new things about your limits. However, do remember that the recommendations being given tend to go along with having accurate information to work with. What you end up doing will likely be in some of the ranges given based off your actual best as opposed to what you thought it was. And over time you'll likely fall more into these ranges as you get better at what you're saying.

2016-03-28 7:02 PM
in reply to: AdventureBear

User image

Originally posted by AdventureBear 105%, 105%, 105%
this one goes to 11 Most people I know don't really think about FTP for sprints. All out is all out. FTP is good, but day to day you can have variances. Would be a shame to finish that race and feel like you left something on the table because you didn't want to go over a certain percentage.
Yep pretty much. The OP is already fast, and a fit athlete based on his numbers he's shared. Race day many people have so much more than they did in training. My guess is that if you races at 97% of his tested FTP for the bike, he'll have no trouble running a fast 3 miles...then he'll wonder how much faster he should have gone. There will always be a next race though, so pick a strategy and try it out then make adjustments the next time.

There is a WORLD of difference between 97% and 105%.

2016-03-28 9:51 PM
in reply to: Jason N

User image

Coach
Stairway to Seven
Originally posted by Jason N

Originally posted by AdventureBear 105%, 105%, 105%
this one goes to 11 Most people I know don't really think about FTP for sprints. All out is all out. FTP is good, but day to day you can have variances. Would be a shame to finish that race and feel like you left something on the table because you didn't want to go over a certain percentage.
Yep pretty much. The OP is already fast, and a fit athlete based on his numbers he's shared. Race day many people have so much more than they did in training. My guess is that if you races at 97% of his tested FTP for the bike, he'll have no trouble running a fast 3 miles...then he'll wonder how much faster he should have gone. There will always be a next race though, so pick a strategy and try it out then make adjustments the next time.

There is a WORLD of difference between 97% and 105%.

sure...98%, 99%, 100%, 101%....race a lot learn a lot, readjust your expectations.
2016-03-29 10:03 AM

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member

Per a Joe Friel online article: "For the sprint distance, that’s about 95–100 percent of functional threshold power. For the Olympic distance it will fall someplace in the range of 85–95 percent. Half-Ironman is 75–85 percent, and Ironman is typically 65–75 percent. The faster one is, the higher in the range he or she will race."

I've never raced with a PM, I only use VP on a trainer and RPE/HRM when outdoors.  For 15 mile sprints here locally I've ridden between 96% and 99% of bike LTHR.  The better runs for me were with staying on the lower end of that HR range.

We be interesting on what you end up with.

2016-03-29 10:29 AM
in reply to: Donto

User image

Katy, Texas
Originally posted by Donto

Per a Joe Friel online article: "For the sprint distance, that’s about 95–100 percent of functional threshold power. For the Olympic distance it will fall someplace in the range of 85–95 percent. Half-Ironman is 75–85 percent, and Ironman is typically 65–75 percent. The faster one is, the higher in the range he or she will race."

I've never raced with a PM, I only use VP on a trainer and RPE/HRM when outdoors.  For 15 mile sprints here locally I've ridden between 96% and 99% of bike LTHR.  The better runs for me were with staying on the lower end of that HR range.

We be interesting on what you end up with.

I think I'm going to try to keep it between 230-240 for the first half and see how it feels. If I'm feeling strong, I will bump it to 240-250 for the second half, if not, I will keep it where it is, and try to be mindful of the run in that decision making process.

There are a lot of dynamics going on that are making me nervous. I've always had the bike as an excuse and now that I've spent the last four months pretty much dedicated to it and hurting A LOT. I want to see some results, so now the pressure is on. Also, I only do my long rides outside, and those range between 170-190 ave watts. I have never ridden outside at 230-250 and have no idea what that will be like. I've only ever done it on the trainer. I also have no clue how fast it will be. It should be north of 25 mph based on extrapolating lower power data then dropping it quite a bit. If I take any of my watts/mph that I've seen at the lower power and linearly extrapolate, they go to like 27-28 mph. Since I can only assume that power to speed is a curve and not straight, I'm guessing that it will be closer to 24 to 25...but it's all guessing. I've also never done any of my outdoor rides with my bike stripped down (I carry a lot of stuff...two spare tubes, three CO2s, tire tools, water, nutrition, etc) on my long rides...all that stuff is off my bike now and I'll be wearing my race helmet and a sleeved tri suit. It's the unknown that is freaking me out.

I feel like this past winter has been a huge breakthrough time for me. I've learned to suffer (or at least I am starting to). Shane's winter bike focus seems to have every workout just past what you think you can do, but within what you actually can do (I spent a lot of the begining workouts saying, this can't be right, there can't be another interval, it's impossible, but my ADD forced me to keep going and find out it was...it just sucked). This has opened a lot of doors for me mentally. Is all this work and suffering going to translate outside? That....plus the extra energy from my taper are resulting in this rambling response.

In every race to date, I've come to expect getting passed on the bike. It's no issue for me, because it's just become part of the race. That's also why I don't over bike...someone passes, it's like, ok, I'll see if I can catch them on the run. Now that I'm taking my new bike fitness out, will I react the same way? I'm not rational once the adrenaline and testosterone start pumping. Lots of questions for me on this race. I'm more nervous for this sprint than I have been for any race to date.

Sorry for the crazy long response....race nerves.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » % of FTP for a Sprint Rss Feed  

of 11

RELATED POSTS

Mean Maximal Power vs CP vs FTP

Started by phatknot
Views: 9486 Posts: 18

2010-03-14 4:53 PM Plissken74

First good FTP test of the year

Started by newbz
Views: 1985 Posts: 10

2009-03-03 10:05 PM newbz

FTP bike test

Started by Plissken74
Views: 6550 Posts: 13

2009-01-15 1:08 PM JorgeM

HUGE difference in FTP outdoors vs indoors Pages: 1 2

Started by TriToy
Views: 3514 Posts: 32

2008-11-07 4:49 AM lrobb

FTP test on road or trainer

Started by Marvarnett
Views: 1975 Posts: 17

2008-09-24 11:25 AM Tri Take Me Away
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 20, 2009
author : jasongootman
comments : 0
In this second part, we discuss indoor, outdoor and ramp functional threshold tests to determine your power training zones. Presented by Tri-Hard coaching and Fit Werx.

date : September 8, 2008
author : pjwalzphd
comments : 2
When I told my husband that I planned to work toward completing a sprint triathlon, he smiled and was supportive, but a bit disbelieving.
date : July 29, 2008
author : Coach AJ
comments : 1
I'm not quite half way into my IM training. I just raced a sprint and on Monday I woke up and felt like I'd been drugged! Not sore, just incredibly fatigued.

date : April 1, 2008
author : trvw
The challenge? The accomplishment? I want to do this because it is an opportunity to live life. The event is an indoor sprint triathlon. I get to experience the challenge on a safer scale.
date : February 12, 2008
author : mikericci
This plan is designed to make you go faster. 3 workouts per week in each sport, 2 days of strength training and core work. The maximum volume is around 10 hours toward the end of the 12 weeks.

date : October 4, 2007
author : AdamA
comments : 4
I was passing others who were saying, "Good job, 587" (that was my race number). People were cheering me on. These were the nicest people I have ever been around!
date : September 5, 2006
author : mikericci
If you haven’t done any bricks yet, this isn’t the time to start piling them on, but here are some examples you could do in the lead up to your race.

date : August 29, 2004
author : Ron
comments : 1
Program outline of the 16 and 20 week sprint triathlon training plan overviews.