General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Full and half distances in FW, May 2017 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-07-19 2:26 PM

User image

Veteran
Cleburne, Texas
Subject: Full and half distances in FW, May 2017

TRI FORT WORTH 

Fort Worth Sports Marketing & Trident Sports Launch New Triathlon FORT WORTH, Texas (July 19, 2016)—The Fort Worth Convention & Visitors Bureau (FWCVB) and Trident Sports are pleased to announce the inaugural Tri Fort Worth Triathlon, with the first annual event to be held May 7, 2017. The one-day event will include 140.6 and 70.3 mile routes that start at Marine Creek Lake, span across the city and finish in the heart of downtown Fort Worth.

“We couldn’t be more excited to produce this event with Trident Sports,” said Josh Dill, director of Fort Worth Sports Marketing, a division of the FWCVB. “This partnership provides a great opportunity to bring new business to Fort Worth and take ownership of a major competitive event.” Trident Sports, a full service triathlon, running and fitness center based in Fort Worth, produces a number of races and events including the annual Mayor’s Triathlon, created by Mayor Betsy Price. “With the popularity of the Mayor’s Triathlon, we saw an opportunity to take it to the next level and launch a full tri,” said Tim Tarpley, founder of Trident Sports. “The route will take athletes by some of the most beautiful landmarks in our city.” Last March, the FWCVB launched a sports marketing department to compete with other destinations for youth and amateur tournaments, which generate room nights and restaurant and shopping spending for the city. “The launch of our sports marketing department, the efforts of the Blue Zones Project and Mayor Price’s health and fitness initiatives make the timing right to produce this type of event,” said Bob Jameson, FWCVB president and CEO. “Our goal is to add to our city’s healthy-living initiatives while attracting a new audience of visitors.” Mayor Betsy Price, an avid cyclist, issued an international invitation to Tri Fort Worth with a video message. To watch, click here. Mayor Price has championed numerous health initiatives, including the FitWorth education program, Blue Zones healthy living project and the U.S. Chamber Foundation’s Health Means Business initiative. Triathalons are one of the nation’s fastest-growing sports, with memberships in USA Triathlon growing 500 percent in the past 15 years to more than 500,000. Texas has more members than any other state. Early bird event registration is $400 for the 140.6 and $225 for the 70.3 through mid-September. For a course map, registration information and more visit, www.TriFortWorth.com. Follow @VisitFortWorth and @TriFortWorth on Twitter and Instagram and on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/trifortworth for the latest news and announcements. #TriFortWorth

2016-07-21 9:12 AM
in reply to: HelmoAlkou

User image

Aledo, Texas
Subject: RE: Full and half distances in FW, May 2017

Glad to see this is now a full go. Route maps will be published the week of August 1 - will be interested to see where it goes, particularly the bike. I'd guess it goes west toward Mineral Wells. Would make for a hilly and challenging ride.

2016-07-21 9:55 AM
in reply to: LundyLund

User image

Veteran
Cleburne, Texas

They claim the bike course is "flat and fast". I thought I read somewhere that it went north toward Denton but I can't seem to find that now.

2016-07-22 4:35 PM

User image

Regular
Lubbock, TX
Anyone know anything about this production company? Do they put on a good race?

After paying so much money to do IM branded races, I'd love to stay a little closer to home and support a local race!
2016-07-22 8:19 PM
in reply to: rgattis

User image

Veteran
Cleburne, Texas

Originally posted by rgattis Anyone know anything about this production company? Do they put on a good race? After paying so much money to do IM branded races, I'd love to stay a little closer to home and support a local race!

I believe this is their first long course race. They have several during the year, sprints and maybe an Oly. I've done a couple of sprints but I know people who go back every year to race these. I've never personally heard anything negative. 

2016-08-01 12:22 PM

User image

Regular
Euless, Texas
My wife was going to do the mayor's tri a month ago but was sick and didn't do it. Otherwise I'd be able to advise what kind of production company they are.

2016-08-02 12:30 PM

User image

I shared this on another thread, but I plugged their estimated full IM route into RideWithGPS to see the elevation. Here you go:

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/15442043
2016-10-18 5:26 PM
in reply to: brrit

User image

Regular
Lubbock, TX
I think I'm in.

Anyone else?
2016-10-18 11:10 PM
in reply to: rgattis

User image

Veteran
Cleburne, Texas

Yeah, I signed up for the full. I hope they have a good turn out.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Full and half distances in FW, May 2017 Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Sports Massage D/FW

Started by runnermighttri
Views: 1296 Posts: 6

2010-03-03 4:01 PM prieto539

Chevron Houston marathon--over half full

Started by wildcat83
Views: 955 Posts: 4

2009-07-17 10:10 PM Tyrell

Redman Full Iron Distance OKC

Started by draykus
Views: 1056 Posts: 2

2009-05-28 10:46 AM KSH

FW Indoor Pools?

Started by poke4christ
Views: 1123 Posts: 8

2008-06-20 2:25 PM texmom

Q: running surface at Trinity Park, FW

Started by charlesC
Views: 894 Posts: 6

2007-05-08 6:46 PM charlesC
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 20, 2014
author : leighdodd
comments : 0
My issue is that I am currently deployed and training outside is proving difficult, especially on the bike. I have found a safe 10km running loop but I am struggling with the bike training.

date : June 28, 2012
author : writingrunner
How my first half iron distance triathlon brought back feelings of high school competition.
date : September 22, 2009
author : Ali Winslow
Is it realistic to race a sprint and Olympic distance race within 2-3 weeks of one another to gauge my progress before tackling the half Ironman?

date : June 17, 2009
With stroke improvements I find that when I try and swim long I have lost any speed gains that I had because my stroke count just creeps up and up. I also feel like I'm running out of air.
date : August 21, 2008
author : vm354
comments : 1
How Pilates training helped a wanna-be triathlete realize the goal of completing a half-Ironman, Ironman 70.3 Rhode Island.

date : July 10, 2007
author : Ontherun
Having three seasons under my belt I thought I knew what I was doing. That all changed with a few new challenges and a bunch of new friends.
date : July 30, 2006
author : IRONVIKING
If a heart patient can do these things, then so can those of you who haven't been split open like a fish and sewn back together.

date : October 30, 2005
author : mikericci
This program should be used for an athlete who has been following the progression of the Half Iron Distance program and is 12 weeks out from their first Iron distance race.