General Discussion Triathlon Talk » indoor training classes Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-11-28 10:11 AM

User image

Subject: indoor training classes
I have been thinking about adding an indoor training session this winter to improve my abilities. I see that there is Briktense and TriKC Big Spin, at least that is the two I have found. Anyone have any comments about either of these classes?
Thanks

2016-11-28 11:10 AM
in reply to: noldowney

User image

Master
Overland Park, KS
Subject: RE: indoor training classes
I know Ryan and you can't go wrong by doing those Briktense workouts. If you have questions you can email Ryan (link on the Coast to Coast website) and he'll get back to you within a day or two.

I have not been coached by Ryan but have seen him in action and I have heard only positive feedback regarding his training.

http://www.coasttocoasttriathlon.com/briktense/

FWIW If you want to see good improvements on the bike in prop for next years race season you'll want 3 good bike workouts per week so meeting once each Sunday or Thursday should be in addition to a couple of solid 1 hour bike sessions with intervals.

If you're a member of Lifetime fitness they've got some real good programs/coaching services as well.
2016-11-28 7:57 PM
in reply to: #5206037

Subject: RE: indoor training classes
Saw Ryan give an intro to triathlons and is a cool dude. I was also at a couple events where his wife and a few other Coasters were performing and he was a really positive coach. I'll be reaching out to him once I have a good base and get ready for the season. Seeing someone in action speaks volumes about them so I'm sold.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » indoor training classes Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Computrainer Classes around Kansas City?

Started by sludave19
Views: 1052 Posts: 2

2015-09-23 11:48 AM m.a.burghart

OWS training near Wichita

Started by mykmiller
Views: 1601 Posts: 6

2011-08-08 11:54 AM Rothern22

saturday training ride

Started by tri-dg
Views: 1315 Posts: 1

2010-08-04 9:18 AM tri-dg

Open Water Training - Johnson County

Started by AMA168
Views: 1414 Posts: 6

2009-04-11 5:21 PM wingsfan

Indoor Spin Sessions on YOUR OWN Bike

Started by IKENTRI
Views: 1134 Posts: 2

2008-12-20 9:13 AM atasic
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 30, 2016
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Keeping your bike from being damaged on the trainer

date : December 17, 2015
author : mikericci
How to train inside and not lose your mind or motivation.
date : February 9, 2010
author : Coach AJ
Many athletes face the challenge of putting in quality bike time during the winter. Spin classes are a popular way to meet this challenge. Spin classes can easily be worked into your own schedule.

date : January 20, 2009
author : jasongootman
In this second part, we discuss indoor, outdoor and ramp functional threshold tests to determine your power training zones. Presented by Tri-Hard coaching and Fit Werx.
date : December 28, 2008
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 1
Tired of your bike trainer already? Here are two indoor bike trainer workouts that you can use to keep things interesting while keeping your cycling fitness up.

date : April 1, 2008
author : trvw
The challenge? The accomplishment? I want to do this because it is an opportunity to live life. The event is an indoor sprint triathlon. I get to experience the challenge on a safer scale.
date : July 30, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 4
How important is it to train on the actual road vs. treadmill and on a real bike vs. spinning classes?

date : September 1, 2004
author : TriSports.com
As the Holiday season approaches and temperatures steadily drop, triathletes become faced with a difficult decision, to ride or not to ride.