General Discussion Triathlon Talk » What supplements are you taking? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2004-09-24 8:59 PM
in reply to: #66022

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tinton Falls, NJ
Subject: RE: What supplements are you taking?
Charlie (aka Carlos?),

I usually refrain from commenting on these threads as 1/2 the athletes understand that what I relay on the BT Forum is the same information I would tell my own family. Unfortunately others believe I'm just trying to sell things they don't need and I prefer not to get in a 'tif' about it :o) Unless there's something which I see as blatantly inaccurate, I'll keep my thoughts to myself unless specifically asked.

My own personal belief is that if I can spend the cost equivalent of a Starbucks Cafe Grande each day on supplements, I consider it pretty cheap insurance to aid in my assurance that I am 110% on race day.

Brian Shea
www.PersonalBestNutrition.com

2004-09-24 9:12 PM
in reply to: #66137

User image

Master
Raleigh, North Carolina
The Chondritin/Glucosamine was recommended to me by a friend in the sport medicine business - not a real doc. I did follow up with my sport medicine doc who said that normally she recommended it to those with arthritis. I am taking what she considers a "maintenance" dose - 500 mg. The label recommends 1500mg per day. Doc didn't say to stop taking, nor did she say I should take. All I can say is that I have had absolutely no knee problems after 8 weeks of training - averaging 6-8 training hours per week. Whether this is due to the C/G or more a result of the fact that I'm getting a lot of benefits out of the cross training aspect and I'm not sure.

Edited by jkbostic 2004-09-24 9:16 PM
2004-09-25 8:50 AM
in reply to: #66137

User image

Extreme Veteran
Manitoba, Canada

I'm a firm believer in get what you need from food sources. BUT, in the spring and summer when my training/racing is longer and more intense, I simply could not get enough calories much less the nutrients. So I found a protein/vitamin powder, mixed it with milk and used it after workouts and sometimes during the day just b/c it was easy, healthy calories.

Edited by Laerka 2004-09-25 9:11 AM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » What supplements are you taking? Rss Feed  

of 2