of 11

2012-06-19 4:04 PM
in reply to: #3570990

User image

New user

Minnetonka
Subject: RE: Introduce Yourself!

Name: Eric Roesner

Years Doing Triathlon:  This is my first year! 

Favorite race:  Tough one since I'm new to the sport.  I did the Buffalo sprint tri earlier this month, but I'm registered for the oly LTF tri in July and the Maple Grove tri in August, so ask me again in a few months!

Home: Minnetonka

Other interesting facts:  I'm married and have 3 wonderful kids, which makes finding time to train a real challenge!

2012-06-19 4:06 PM
in reply to: #4270148

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2012-06-19 5:49 PM
in reply to: #4270148

Regular
Bloomington
eroesner - 2012-06-19 4:04 PM

Name: Eric Roesner

Years Doing Triathlon:  This is my first year! 

Favorite race:  Tough one since I'm new to the sport.  I did the Buffalo sprint tri earlier this month, but I'm registered for the oly LTF tri in July and the Maple Grove tri in August, so ask me again in a few months!

Home: Minnetonka

Other interesting facts:  I'm married and have 3 wonderful kids, which makes finding time to train a real challenge!

Welcome Eric - my first tri ever was the Buffalo spring too!  I'm registered for Maple Grove.  Maybe there will be a BT meet up.

2012-06-20 9:25 AM

Minneapolis

Hi, I'm Christy

Years doing triathlons:  none really. I'm training for my first tri--the YWCA Women's at Lake Nokomis. I went last year to cheer on some coworkers and thought, "I can do this." So now I am working on living up to that.

Home: I live in Farmington with my partner and 2 basset hounds. I feel really grateful to have such great support at home.

Other interesting facts: I feel pretty good about the biking and running, but it turns out that I have overestimated my ability to swim. I'm working on it, though. And Basset Hounds are not good running partners at all.Laughing

2012-06-20 2:26 PM
in reply to: #4270309

New user

Minnetonka
Thanks.  That would be fun to meet up with a few of the folks from this site the at Maple Grove race.  We should organize something as we get closer to the date.
2012-07-07 3:43 PM

Name: Dave

Never done a triathlon

Last week I bought my first bike since my dirt bike as a kid.

Located in Woodbury.  Looking to get in better shape, thought this would be a good route to go!!

2012-07-10 12:29 PM

New user

St. Louis Park

Hi Everyone, glad to be here. I am looking for a training group for IMWI2012

Name: Ahmet a.k.a Crazy Turk
Years of Tri: 5
Favorite Race: Burrito Union 10 hour
Home: St. Louis Park, around Excelsior & 100
Training Area: Swim @ Cedar Lake, Bike @ Greenway and Dakota Trail out west or Downtown / W. River / Parkway, Run @ Calhoun/Harriet
Past Races: IMKY, IMHI, Chisago Half, Burrito Union 10Hr, LTF Oly
2012 Races: Chisago Half, IMWI, Tour De Tonka 100, at least 1 more Half-Iron sometime in August
Train Pace: Swim 1.5 mph, Bike 19/20 mph, Run 9/10 mm
Fun facts: 3 passports, entered and completed Ironman Hawaii via lottery in 2009 :D
Background: Played and coached Volleyball at Luther, started marathons in 2000, tris in 2007

2012-07-10 1:05 PM

Hi Ahmet! We're neighbors - I live by aquila park and train in many of the same areas (except Cedar Lake).  I plan to do IMOO in 2013. 
2012-07-10 8:28 PM
in reply to: #4303777

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member

shaunjamison - 2012-07-10 1:05 PM Hi Ahmet! We're neighbors - I live by aquila park and train in many of the same areas (except Cedar Lake).  I plan to do IMOO in 2013. 

Shaun - we are neighbors.  I am 1.5 miles down the bike path from Aquila park, right by 169/2nd Ave.  It's actually 1.5 miles from my driveway to the new drinking fountain by the new shed.  I suspect we've run/bikes by each other a million times.

2012-07-10 8:29 PM
in reply to: #4299203

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member
Otis1911 - 2012-07-07 3:43 PM

Never done a triathlon

Located in Woodbury.  Looking to get in better shape, thought this would be a good route to go!!

Welcome Dave!  You have some good country roads for riding out there near Woodbury. 

2012-07-11 8:11 AM
in reply to: #4304771

I'll keep a look out! I usually run early a.m. Often with my wife. Biking is anyone's guess. I try to stay off the paths during high use times.

BikerGrrrl - 2012-07-10 8:28 PM

shaunjamison - 2012-07-10 1:05 PM Hi Ahmet! We're neighbors - I live by aquila park and train in many of the same areas (except Cedar Lake).  I plan to do IMOO in 2013. 

Shaun - we are neighbors.  I am 1.5 miles down the bike path from Aquila park, right by 169/2nd Ave.  It's actually 1.5 miles from my driveway to the new drinking fountain by the new shed.  I suspect we've run/bikes by each other a million times.

2012-07-11 8:56 AM
in reply to: #4299203

Pro
Twin Cities
Otis1911 - 2012-07-07 3:43 PM

Never done a triathlon

YAY! More eastsiders! I am just north of you, over by lake elmo park preserve. Let me know if you want any good riding route suggestions :-)

2012-07-19 2:01 PM

Huntington Beach, California

New to BT! First post...here goes.

Name: Waseem

Years doing Triathlon: 1. Did my first Tri last summer, the 2011 Lifetime Olympic.

Favorite Tri: I've only done 1 so that takes the cake :)

Home: Saint Paul

Interesting Facts: Swam competitively for 5 years (4 years of High School & Club and Freshman year of college). Distance swimmer by nature which is why I started Tri's with the Oly right away instead of the Sprint. I figured the swim would be the hardest part for most and was the easiest for me and could grunt through the rest.

The mile was my event on swim team so it was a good match. I had big plans and ambitions for the 2012 season with several races I wanted to do but got really burned out in the early spring and threw the towel in for 2012. I guess it's not too late but I'm not sure I'll be able to compete in anything this year unless its a travel tri. I would love to find a group to train with and always see riders out my window in Saint Paul. Could be several of you BT'ers!

I love all the info you guys provide here! My diet is one of my biggest downfalls and can't ever seem to get it right for what I'm trying to accomplish. Thanks for all the info though! Hope to meet you all soon.

Edited by TriFlyBoy 2012-07-19 2:20 PM
2012-07-19 2:48 PM
in reply to: #4320438

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member
Hi Waseem - welcome! I like the user name you picked.  I am sure you could still find a local tri this summer if you wanted to;  there are at least two as late as September (Square Lake and St. Croix Valley) and many others inbetween.
2012-07-23 3:38 PM

Minneapolis, MN

Hello everyone. My name is Brad, and I have not run a tri yet. Very interested in doing so, just training so far. I currently live in Blaine, but I am originally from Wisconsin. I am an IT geek (Network) by profession. I have learned a lot by lurking and hope to learn more from all of you in the future!

2012-07-24 3:14 PM

New user
Chanhassen

This site has become my "I'm not going to make it through the afternoon at work" go-to website. I've started a few posts, so I guess I should introduce myself.

Name: Tonya A-z
Years Doing Triathlon:  The Waconia Tri in June was my first! Signed up for the Iron Girl in Sept.
Home: Chanhassen

Training Grounds:  Chanhassen, and the regional trail that runs through Excelsior... cause who doesn't want to run/bike by a lake?

Other interests:  Nutrition (I'm a certified personal fitness chef by night), Twins baseball, and sitting on my patio with my kindle!

Favorite race: That Waconia Tri was too much for my first race, I need to do some others before I find a favorite.

History: I was a Sprinter in HS and at the U of M. Learning to run longer than 400m has been the hardest part of this whole thing! I'm slow because I have to concentrate on pacing myself. I only posses quick twitch muscles, I think!

2012-08-09 11:15 PM

New user

Name - Frazer
Years doing triathlon - 0
Favorite Only Tri Race - Brewhouse Short Course. Placed third in my age group in my first triathlon! Needless to say, I'm hooked.
Home - Minneapolis (Uptown). Grew up in Duluth, went to college in Maryland, then returned to the twin cities a few years ago for grad school.
Other Interesting Facts - I love sailing. I grew up sailing my family's sailboat on Lake Superior, crewed in regattas in Duluth, and now race scows on Lake Harriet. It seems that for me, the smaller the boat the more fun it is.  

I played all sorts of sports growing up, but was never a great endurance athlete.  It wasn't until I arrived at the U of M for grad school that I took up running, and then signed up for the Brewhouse Triathlon short course this summer.  A few weeks of self-coached swimming at Lake Harriet got me through the swim leg well enough to avoid blowing up on the bike and run, and I ended up doing better than I had hoped!  I lurked BT between registering and doing the race, and it was very useful.  So, hello!

2012-08-10 7:16 AM
in reply to: #4356300

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2012-08-13 1:34 PM

Minneapolis

I started posting/lurking here so I figured I should introduce myself!

Name: Mike - screen name is in homage to Ultimate and Disc Golf

Years Doing Triathlon:  Doing my first in Sept - One Last Tri

Location: South Minneapolis near Powderhorn Park.  I swim at LA Fitness (sometimes Lake Nakomis), Bike the trails within a 15 mi radius of my house, and run around Powderhorn.

Other interests:  I'm a computer geek by day and home renovator by night.

History:  I was big into mt. biking in high school and have swam and ran recreationally on and off throughout the years.  I trained for a tri in 2009 but injured my hamstring and had to stop.  This summer I was doing a couch to 5k and also biking a lot for fun.  I figured I might as well start swimming again and finally do a sprint.  I plan to train up to Olympic distance for 2013.

Edited by frizbplaya 2012-08-13 1:35 PM
2012-08-19 10:20 PM

Name: Ryan

Experience: I have yet to do a tri, but I did my second tri relay today.

Misc: I'm a big boy but I will surprise you in the water.

2012-08-20 8:09 AM

Minneapolis, MN

Welcome Frizbplaya (mike) and huggybear2254 (ryan)

There are more and more of us south minnepolis residents all the time.   GREAT

Ryan awesome swim at the st paul tri. yesterday

2012-08-23 1:32 PM

Minneapolis
Thanks Pete!  I think I might have seen you out biking last weekend!  Unless there's another guy in S. Minne with a red goatee riding a tri bike   Were you riding N on Chicago at 40th with bib shorts over a long sleeved shirt?  I yelled something encouraging (but probably indistinguishable) as I drove by, haha.
2012-08-23 2:10 PM
in reply to: #4377142

Minneapolis, MN
frizbplaya - 2012-08-23 1:32 PMThanks Pete!  I think I might have seen you out biking last weekend!  Unless there's another guy in S. Minne with a red goatee riding a tri bike   Were you riding N on Chicago at 40th with bib shorts over a long sleeved shirt?  I yelled something encouraging (but probably indistinguishable) as I drove by, haha.
Yep that was me. I did not hear anything. Or I was zoning out.
2012-08-25 9:47 AM

Name: Alice

No Tri's yet! However I have completed a marathon, tons of halfs, and shorter running races and duathlons. 

I REALLY want to get into this sport, my goal is to do some Tri's next year, and then someday be an IRONMAN!! I figure I am 1/3 of the way there with finishing my first marathon! Might as well go all the way to the top!

Does anyone have suggestions for swim lessons/training?  Should you try TI if you really don't have a mastery of basic swimming yet? I tried Lifetime Fitness lessons, but really feel as if I need something different. Or maybe I needed just a different instructer?

I'm not at the master's swim level yet. I would also LOVE to become part of a group with beginners like myself-however there doesn't seem to be anything in the south metro where I am, Apple Valley?

Looking forward to any suggestions, and information! Thanks!

Edited by alpal01 2012-08-25 9:48 AM
2012-08-25 2:47 PM

Regular
Apple Valley
Hey Alice!
Yay! another Apple Valley person!

I am going to PM (private message) you some info about training in the area. I typically run near the zoo, so maybe I will see ya sometime on the trail.

~Karl
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Introduce Yourself! Rss Feed  

of 11