General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim Etiquette? Is there really such a thing? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 6

2013-08-02 10:58 AM
in reply to: dmiller5

Subject: RE: Swim Etiquette? Is there really such a thing?
I haven't read all of the responses, so I apologize if this thread took a left turn at Albuquerque and I missed the boat...

The only thing I will say, considering that I haven't done a tri yet, is based on what I was TOLD TO EXPECT by the triathlete's that encouraged me to get started:

Not sure if triathletes are often NASCAR fans (I'm not, but I picked this up by osmosis), but the long and short of what I was told to expect: "Rubbing is racing"

2013-08-02 11:04 AM
in reply to: k9car363

User image

Originally posted by k9car363

I have been sitting here for hours, trying to bite my tongue.  I have to make a couple of observations or it will drive me crazy all night.

I started swimming competitively when I was 11.  That was 44 years ago.  I retired from competitive swimming in 1982 and began coaching.  During my actual swimming career, I had the privilege of competing in 6 national championships, qualified for the U.S. Olympic team, was a member of three different world record setting relays (4 x 100 freestyle, 4 x 200 freestyle, and 400 medley relay doing breaststroke), and held one individual world record (100 M Breaststroke).  I can still do a 100 Y breaststroke in 1:05 - which I suspect is far faster than many of you so called freestyle experts.

I have been reading a whole bunch of posts ridiculing people doing breaststroke.  Should people doing breaststroke be in the middle of the pack?  NO!  Absolutely not.  Do those people doing breaststroke have the right to do breaststroke?  YES!  Without question.  Freestyle is precisely that, FREESTYLE.  Any stroke is acceptable.  Absent a rule stating otherwise, the argument about people doing breaststroke is a moot issue - so let's move on to something more constructive.

By the way, if I take in a mouthful of water, guess what my 'go-to' safety stroke is?  I will go to breaststroke, and I will likely pass you while I am doing it.

As to running over people.  It is NEVER acceptable.  There simply is NO excuse for it happening.  NONE!  I can stop my forward momentum on a dime, I can change my direction on a nickle.  I am not going to risk manslaughter charges because I ran someone over and caused a major incident.  Apparently there is WAY too much testosterone in the OWS for running people over to be a problem.  You trained for a long time for this event?  So did I.  So did the person you are about to run over.  There is NO excuse.  Go around them.

Ok, I am done, I feel better now.

Very good point. When I do open water mile races there is not this "washing machine" phenomena we see in triathlon.

Imagine if this mindset carried over in to road races and all the fast runners who had to pass incorrectly-seeded runner knocked them down or off the course. There will be jostling, but beating the crap out of others in the water is just nasty.

One can be a decent racer and a decent human being.

Patti

2013-08-02 11:25 AM

User image

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member

Originally posted by dmiller5

cool story bro. i'd like a video of your ironman swim in which you beat everyone breast stroking and get through without touching anyone.

I don't believe that was what I said . . . bro.

"By the way, if I take in a mouthful of water, guess what my 'go-to' safety stroke is?  I will go to breaststroke, and I will likely pass you while I am doing it."

2013-08-02 12:30 PM

User image

Pro

I have been sitting here for hours, trying to bite my tongue.  I have to make a couple of observations or it will drive me crazy all night.

I started swimming competitively when I was 11.  That was 44 years ago.  I retired from competitive swimming in 1982 and began coaching.  During my actual swimming career, I had the privilege of competing in 6 national championships, qualified for the U.S. Olympic team, was a member of three different world record setting relays (4 x 100 freestyle, 4 x 200 freestyle, and 400 medley relay doing breaststroke), and held one individual world record (100 M Breaststroke).  I can still do a 100 Y breaststroke in 1:05 - which I suspect is far faster than many of you so called freestyle experts.

I have been reading a whole bunch of posts ridiculing people doing breaststroke.  Should people doing breaststroke be in the middle of the pack?  NO!  Absolutely not.  Do those people doing breaststroke have the right to do breaststroke?  YES!  Without question.  Freestyle is precisely that, FREESTYLE.  Any stroke is acceptable.  Absent a rule stating otherwise, the argument about people doing breaststroke is a moot issue - so let's move on to something more constructive.

By the way, if I take in a mouthful of water, guess what my 'go-to' safety stroke is?  I will go to breaststroke, and I will likely pass you while I am doing it.

As to running over people.  It is NEVER acceptable.  There simply is NO excuse for it happening.  NONE!  I can stop my forward momentum on a dime, I can change my direction on a nickle.  I am not going to risk manslaughter charges because I ran someone over and caused a major incident.  Apparently there is WAY too much testosterone in the OWS for running people over to be a problem.  You trained for a long time for this event?  So did I.  So did the person you are about to run over.  There is NO excuse.  Go around them.

Ok, I am done, I feel better now.

cool story bro. i'd like a video of your ironman swim in which you beat everyone breast stroking and get through without touching anyone.

Laughing

2013-08-02 1:13 PM

Thank you for actually answering my question as opposed to telling me I need to train more in OWS and not to breast-stroke. I will plan to navigate around people to the best of my ability and try not to hit or kick people. I guess it's something I can only improve upon by doing more sprint triathlons...I was a swimmer in high school, not very good but okay....breast-stroke was my thing and hoping my next sprint I can crawl the whole time...and breast-stroke only when completely necessary...I started at the back and side but somehow caught up to the middle...and caught up to quite a few in the wave 3 minutes before me and I got stuck...and didn't know how to handle myself (etiquette)...I was getting kicked and hit but really don't feel comfortable doing that to others...if i can avoid it...
2013-08-02 2:23 PM

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, NM
  Should people doing breaststroke be in the middle of the pack?  NO!  Absolutely not

Why not? There is no rule against breast-strokers being there.

I'd say if someone plans on doing breast-stroke the whole way and feels that their race is best executed by lining up at the start front and center, go for it - they are not doing anything wrong. They have just as much right to that position as anybody else does.

2013-08-02 2:30 PM
in reply to: RockTractor

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland
Originally posted by RockTractor

Should people doing breaststroke be in the middle of the pack?  NO!  Absolutely not

I'd say if someone plans on doing breast-stroke the whole way and feels that their race is best executed by lining up at the start front and center, go for it - they are not doing anything wrong. They have just as much right to that position as anybody else does.

Then don't be surprised if I move you over a bit to avoid being kicked.
2013-08-02 2:46 PM

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, NM

Just know that in doing so, you may be violating USAT rules (3.3a, 3.4b, or 3.4c)
2013-08-02 2:55 PM

User image

Veteran
Great White North
Good luck with that. So I guess the off course swimmer who comes towards me at a right angle is impeding my forward progress then.

Go watch an elite FINA open water event. Triathlon swims are tame by comparison.
2013-08-02 3:26 PM

User image

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member

Why not? There is no rule against breast-strokers being there. I'd say if someone plans on doing breast-stroke the whole way and feels that their race is best executed by lining up at the start front and center, go for it - they are not doing anything wrong. They have just as much right to that position as anybody else does.

I agree, the rules clearly do not prevent a competitor from using breaststroke.  However, given that breaststroke is generally acknowledged as the slowest of the strokes, respect for one's fellow competitors would suggest that an individual planning to use breaststroke would line up to the side and attempt to stay to the side and not impede others.

That said however, yes, if someone feels most comfortable using breaststroke and they choose to start in the front and stay in the middle, they have every right to do that.

2013-08-02 3:30 PM

User image

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member

Originally posted by k9car363   Should people doing breaststroke be in the middle of the pack?  NO!  Absolutely not
Why not? There is no rule against breast-strokers being there. I'd say if someone plans on doing breast-stroke the whole way and feels that their race is best executed by lining up at the start front and center, go for it - they are not doing anything wrong. They have just as much right to that position as anybody else does.

Really?  Isn't that kind of the point of this entire thread?  Why can't you alter your course 1 foot to one side or the other and safely pass the individual?  Why do you have to "move you over a bit?"

2013-08-02 3:31 PM

User image

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member

Originally posted by k9car363   Should people doing breaststroke be in the middle of the pack?  NO!  Absolutely not
Just know that in doing so, you may be violating USAT rules (3.3a, 3.4b, or 3.4c)

x2

2013-08-02 3:40 PM

User image

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member

3.4 (g) probably is most applicable to the conversations on this thread -

g. Unfair Advantage. No participant shall use his body, head, arms, or legs to gain an unfair advantage, or to push, pull, hold, strike, or force through one or more participants. Any violation of this Section shall result in a variable time penalty.

2013-08-02 3:51 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by dmiller5 Then don't be surprised if I move you over a bit to avoid being kicked.

My my... when just 2 pages ago you were saying this - which is it?

Originally posted by dmiller5 Agreed, if I'm coming up behind you I should clearly go around. I meant to more reference the very beginning of the race when people go into the front of the wave, then start breast stroking as the gun goes off. Thats their own fault. If you are in clear(ish) water swimmin your own pace from the wave in front of me, I'm taking a nice couple strokes of draft and zipping around you. I wouldn't try and push someone (especially a lady).

Edited by lisac957 2013-08-02 3:52 PM
2013-08-02 4:03 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Extreme Veteran
West Michigan
Experienced swimmers don't swim over other people. Experienced swimmers will swim around you because it's faster. When contact is made, all it takes is a quick adjustment and off you go. I've never had a swimmer try to swim over me and I pity the fool that does try that. Getting bumped, kicked, etc is part of the sport. What fun would it be without that. Forcing somebody underwater so you can swim over them is an aggressive move that should be met with aggressive defence.
2013-08-02 4:05 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland
Originally posted by lisac957

Originally posted by dmiller5 Then don't be surprised if I move you over a bit to avoid being kicked.

My my... when just 2 pages ago you were saying this - which is it?

Originally posted by dmiller5 Agreed, if I'm coming up behind you I should clearly go around. I meant to more reference the very beginning of the race when people go into the front of the wave, then start breast stroking as the gun goes off. Thats their own fault. If you are in clear(ish) water swimmin your own pace from the wave in front of me, I'm taking a nice couple strokes of draft and zipping around you. I wouldn't try and push someone (especially a lady).

Did you guys miss the part where he said he would line up front and center and start breast stroking. If you do that there is no clean water for me to get around you.

My point is if you're minding your own business swimming your race and breaststroking, and theres room of course im going around you. If you intentionally place yourself in a position to be a danger to me and others, I will protect myself. And yes, breast stroke kicking with people packed tightly around you is dangerous.

2013-08-02 4:08 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

I agree, the rules clearly do not prevent a competitor from using breaststroke.  However, given that breaststroke is generally acknowledged as the slowest of the strokes, respect for one's fellow competitors would suggest that an individual planning to use breaststroke would line up to the side and attempt to stay to the side and not impede others.

That said however, yes, if someone feels most comfortable using breaststroke and they choose to start in the front and stay in the middle, they have every right to do that.

This is just silly. You have a "right" to kick other people? This is just as bad as the people who say, if I feel someone near my feet I have a right to kick them in the head really hard, that'll teach them.

If someone is breast stroking and kicking me, and I'm in the middle of a big group, putting a hand on their hip to slide them over is probably the safest thing that will happen during the entire race.
2013-08-02 4:09 PM

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
Originally posted by k9car363  Should people doing breaststroke be in the middle of the pack?  NO!  Absolutely not
Why not? There is no rule against breast-strokers being there.I'd say if someone plans on doing breast-stroke the whole way and feels that their race is best executed by lining up at the start front and center, go for it - they are not doing anything wrong. They have just as much right to that position as anybody else does.
Just because something isn't technically illegal doesn't mean it's a wise course of action nor considerate of other participants.
2013-08-02 4:21 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Forgive me if it feels like I am pulling this apart, but I am just trying to understand better. There are things that happen during races, but I am trying hard to figure out your situation...

The water was black from the debris from previous waves.

What do you mean by this? I am trying to picture mud being kicked up, but it would have to be very shallow for that to occur. Is that correct?
Being able to see underwater isn't really necessary. In most races I have been in, the visibility is only about an arms-length. This is enough to see "bubbles" if I am approaching somebody from behind. The only time you actually need to see is when you pop above the water for sighting.

As I am trying so hard to be careful and stay out of everyone's way...I got swam over almost completely, kicked multiple times with much more force by free-stylers.

Was this race a wave start? Where did you put yourself?

For the most part when contact is made during the swim, it is unintentional. Sometimes you can hear an underwater apology in bubbles."sobbboobboorrobbbbooyybyy". Sometimes others aren't sighting well, sometimes you aren't sighting well. Generally you have to take contact with a grain of salt.

As far as getting kicked, there is no way a freestyle kick has more force than a breast-stroke kick.

As far as getting swam over, this is generally because you are going slower than the rest of the scrum and they can't see you. You can't expect every swimmer to sight on every stroke to watch for people doing breast stroke in the middle of a pack. Sometimes they don't realize it until they swim up your backside...In that case, the path of least resistance is to finish the stroke because their movement is already headed in that direction. The other option is to push back down the back of the person, which is worse and you end up behind them.

I'm pretty sure I can keep up with the pack...but I'm not one to literally swim OVER people.

You should never have to. I can guarantee that most time that it happens, it is a mistake. You should never "Desire" to swim over somebody.

I guess my question is...what is proper swim etiquette.

1) If you are a slower swimmer, stay to the outside and the back. If it is a wave start, stay to the outside so the faster swimmers can use the buoy line
2) If you are in a scrum and moving slow, work your way to the outside.
3) Don't breast-stroke in the middle of a scrum.

The main reason I let go of free-style is I just feel plain rude swimming over people.
I don't get this. "Freestyle" has never dictated "You must swim over people." I think you have the wrong idea.

I could have done much better in the swim by at-least 2 full minutes if I just didn't care about other people.
This is a disturbing thought. Being mean has nothing to do with it. You could have done much better if you seeded yourself correctly at the beginning of the race. It sounds like you are a slower swimmer and put yourself in front of many faster people. Triathletes are some of the most caring people you can find.
Other people didn't seem to give a crap about me.
This isn't true.

...I know I shouldn't breast-stroke...but it is so comfortable for me and I am faster than a lot of freestylers this way..

Let's be honest with ourselves and everybody else. This isn't true. How fast can you breast stroke 100m? How fast can you freestyle 100m?

From your post it REALLY sounds like you over-rate your breast-stroke and feel like you can keep in the FOP with it. It sounds like you seeded yourself at the swim start poorly because of your self-assesment. It also sounds like even though you had no visibility, you expected everybody else to have visibility of you.

I could be completely wrong. In which case, go ahead and let me know...but when I read your post, this is what I thought of. Most all contact is accidental.

Edited by lifejustice 2013-08-02 4:28 PM
2013-08-02 4:26 PM
in reply to: lifejustice

User image

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member

Originally posted by lifejustice Forgive me if it feels like I am pulling this apart, but I am just trying to understand better. There are things that happen during races, but I am trying hard to figure out your situation...
The water was black from the debris from previous waves.
What do you mean by this? I am trying to picture mud being kicked up, but it would have to be very shallow for that to occur. Is that correct? Being able to see underwater isn't really necessary. In most races I have been in, the visibility is only about an arms-length. This is enough to see "bubbles" if I am approaching somebody from behind. The only time you actually need to see is when you pop above the water for sighting.
As I am trying so hard to be careful and stay out of everyone's way...I got swam over almost completely, kicked multiple times with much more force by free-stylers.
Was this race a wave start? Where did you put yourself? For the most part when contact is made during the swim, it is unintentional. Sometimes you can hear an underwater apology in bubbles."sobbboobboorrobbbbooyybyy". Sometimes others aren't sighting well, sometimes you aren't sighting well. Generally you have to take contact with a grain of salt. As far as getting kicked, there is no way a freestyle kick has more force than a breast-stroke kick. As far as getting swam over, this is generally because you are going slower than the rest of the scrum and they can't see you. You can't expect every swimmer to sight on every stroke to watch for people doing breast stroke in the middle of a pack. Sometimes they don't realize it until they swim up your backside...In that case, the path of least resistance is to finish the stroke because their movement is already headed in that direction. The other option is to push back down the back of the person, which is worse and you end up behind them.
I'm pretty sure I can keep up with the pack...but I'm not one to literally swim OVER people.
You should never have to. I can guarantee that most time that it happens, it is a mistake. You should never "Desire" to swim over somebody.
I guess my question is...what is proper swim etiquette.
1) If you are a slower swimmer, stay to the outside and the back. If it is a wave start, stay to the outside so the faster swimmers can use the buoy line 2) If you are in a scrum and moving slow, work your way to the outside. 3) Don't breast-stroke in the middle of a scrum.
The main reason I let go of free-style is I just feel plain rude swimming over people.
I don't get this. "Freestyle" has never dictated "You must swim over people." I think you have the wrong idea.
I could have done much better in the swim by at-least 2 full minutes if I just didn't care about other people.
This is a disturbing thought. Being mean has nothing to do with it. You could have done much better if you seeded yourself correctly at the beginning of the race. It sounds like you are a slower swimmer and put yourself in front of many faster people. Triathletes are some of the most caring people you can find.
Other people didn't seem to give a crap about me.
This isn't true.
...I know I shouldn't breast-stroke...but it is so comfortable for me and I am faster than a lot of freestylers this way..
Let's be honest with ourselves and everybody else. This isn't true. How fast can you breast stroke 100m? How fast can you freestyle 100m? From your post it REALLY sounds like you over-rate your breast-stroke and feel like you can keep in the FOP with it. It sounds like you seeded yourself at the swim start poorly because of your self-assesment. It also sounds like even though you had no visibility, you expected everybody else to have visibility of you. I could be completely wrong. In which case, go ahead and let me know...but when I read your post, this is what I thought of. Most all contact is accidental. People who want to mma fight generally join mma.

Well said!

2013-08-02 4:36 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

You are right. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. ....BUT IT IS STUPID. And you are waving your stupidity like a giant flag for everybody to see.

In other news: There is no rule against taking a nap on the pavement of a parking lot.

Edited by lifejustice 2013-08-02 4:38 PM

2013-08-02 4:40 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by guppie58
Getting bumped, kicked, etc is part of the sport. What fun would it be without that. Forcing somebody underwater so you can swim over them is an aggressive move that should be met with aggressive defence.

I think you're in the wrong sport, Bro. It's one thing to acknowledge when it does happen, but you take it to another level of absurdity by desiring it to happen.

Edited by lifejustice 2013-08-02 4:42 PM
2013-08-02 5:09 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
West Michigan
Originally posted by lifejustice

Originally posted by guppie58
Getting bumped, kicked, etc is part of the sport. What fun would it be without that. Forcing somebody underwater so you can swim over them is an aggressive move that should be met with aggressive defence.

I think you're in the wrong sport, Bro. It's one thing to acknowledge when it does happen, but you take it to another level of absurdity by desiring it to happen.

I'm fine if I don't get bumped, but I'm also not going to whine about it happening. It's part of the sport, who cares.
2013-08-02 5:31 PM

I was in the last wave (with all females). I put myself in the back and to the outside (so basically dead last). I caught up to some in the wave ahead of me...all males (I was doing a combo of crawl and a psuedo-breast stroke because I didn't want to hurt anybody). I passed many people safely that were in my wave...and then somehow I ended up in the middle of a mess. I'm not complaining that I got hit, kicked, or swam over. I just want to ensure that none of this is done intentionally and that none of it is cool to do on purpose. I started dead last (of all waves) basically and ended up finishing the swim 72 out of 153. My problem was that I didn't know how to crawl with so many people around...with breast-stroke I can see much better around me. Guess I have some more sprint tri's to do before I get a good feel for where I really need to start and how to navigate better when crawling...Thanks for all of the great advice. The intention of this post was for me to understand what is acceptable for me to do in order to "pass" others. I wasn't really trying to start the debate as to whether or not breast-stroke is acceptable. I don't really care if I make a mockery of myself. I do however care very much if I injure someone...which is why I swam to the side when I did it and also why I barely kicked (I used mostly my upper body). Thanks again for those that offered helpful advice. I know I have a long way to go...this was my first one...and I didn't intend for my original post to sound as though I"m know what im' doing or think I'm good at this.
2013-08-02 6:25 PM

Earlier in the swim it was very murky...it is also brackish water so it is almost impossible to see in front of my face...bubbles or anything...

It was a wave start and I was in the last wave, in the back and on the side. I did not use a complete breast-stroke kick..I kicked very very weakly...

I was not going slower than the rest of the "scrum" as I also could have "swam over" some of the people in front of me...but that is not okay...and I could see feet in front of me when I lifted me head out of the water...there really was nowhere for me to go...left, right, forward, or slow down there were people everywhere...not exaggerating...

I would never purposely swim over anybody...I guess I just wanted to know if people really do this on purpose or if they just didn't see me. I wasn't offended...I just want to know why and how it happened and how I could prevent it in the future...it wasn't very fun seeing an arm go over my body...it happened quickly...I'm pretty sure I got completely swam OVER...I was fine...it was no big deal...but I wanted to know if this is commonplace and how to make it so it doesn't happen again...I felt a bit in the way but also a bit impeded by other swimmers...I'm not really sure...

How do you crawl when there are people everywhere...at the time breast-stroking seemed like the only way...again my kick was so vey gentle...

I know people don't really "NOT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT ME". It just felt that way during the swim...it seems as though people are much more aggressive during the swim...maybe because you can't see who they are/their number...those on the bike/run are very very awesome people and didn't seem like the same people I swam with.

I am well aware I cannot keep up with FOP with breast-stroke. I can however keep up some crawlers (A LOT WAS THE WRONG WORD...SORRY)...by using breast-stroke. I DID NOT WANT TO DO ANY BREAST-STROKE. All of my entire training was CRAWL. I only resorted to breast-stroke because it seemed like the only way to get around with people everywhere.

I really just want to know how to navigate through scrum...I have no idea how I ended up in it when I started in the back of the last wave...

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim Etiquette? Is there really such a thing? Rss Feed  

of 6

RELATED POSTS

Things you really want to hear (Tri is good for you)

Started by BrianRunsPhilly
Views: 1057 Posts: 5

2012-05-24 6:48 AM jbrookscga78

Swim Start Etiquette..such a thing? Pages: 1 2

Started by FELTGood
Views: 2901 Posts: 35

2011-04-12 8:42 AM brucemorgan

Really really hungry after swimming? Pages: 1 2

Started by jessica71980
Views: 5542 Posts: 34

2010-01-23 9:46 PM SWIM2LIVE

Bike helmet = really good thing

Started by SevenZulu
Views: 1445 Posts: 16

2009-03-23 2:17 PM ried0428

This training thing really works!

Started by akabak
Views: 597 Posts: 2

2005-06-27 11:29 AM CLLinIA
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 18, 2011
author : garyhallsr
comments : 5
World-record swimmer gives advice on correct breathing technique

date : September 3, 2010
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 1
Stripped of its three-figure entry fees and five figure bikes, when the gun goes off it's still a bunch of crazies doing three sports for a thousand reasons.
date : October 29, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 0
Triathlon swim training discussions on the pull, open water swimming all year, winter swim focus, bilateral breathing during a race and Ironman swim training in 6 weeks.

date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.
date : March 17, 2008
author : randomescape
comments : 10
I first decided I was going to "do" a triathlon in 1994. It wasn't until 13 years later, in 2007 that I actually did. Why did it take me 13 years to get to the starting line? The swim!

date : September 24, 2007
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Discussions on salt tablets, AM workout nutrition, coffee, post workout nutrition, whey powder, recovery nutrition, losing weight, Recoverite usage, the necessity of sugars and snack ideas.
date : August 7, 2007
author : MegL
comments : 7
Do you see the bladder as half-full or half-empty? In this instance, it really doesn't matter how you look at it... you'd just better go.

date : November 9, 2006
author : McFuzz
How to join lap swimmers without making a splash. A primer on the social graces applied to swimming laps.