BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 103

2014-09-30 2:02 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

Master
Northern IL
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?)

Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by brigby1

Originally posted by melbo55

Originally posted by cdban66

Maybe because it's premium? I wonder if I can switch it to regular and retain my data?

That's what I thought as well. Get in touch with TP and they should be able to retain your stuff. The only reason I use them is because it comes with the Timex and I want to have the data available to a coach if I ever go that route. OK, so that's 2 reasons. 

Best to check with TP to be sure, but I think they save all the files & entries in there. I think you'll still have access to it after dropping the subscription, just with reduced analysis tools as the free level is more basic. I haven't loaded anything into mine in maybe a year(?) and it's all still there, though I never had a paid for account.

I think that since the info from TP to BT is pretty basic I'll just do it manually until BT learns to talk to Garmin Connect.

I believe that might be up and running. Settings: Training Log Settings: Device Uploads.

Really?!  *ears perk up* This might give me reason to upload my workouts to Garmin again instead of just Strava, then manually entering them here.  My Garmin Connect transfer via ANT goes sooooo slllooooooooowwwww from my 910, so I rarely do it anymore.

Interesting. I upload to Garmin Connect then it auto synchs with Strava, and now hopefully with BT. Guess I'll know tomorrow.

I should know later today. Treadmill run yesterday, so no Garmin data. Another member had it work fine for him earlier. And just so everyone has the names straight, it's the Garmin Express Program to install as that's the newer super fast one. Even the larger bike files can load before I even open up the site here!

Hmmmm. That could be a problem. My home computer doesn't play nice with Garmin Express.

Since Strava uploads ok for you then I see no reason BT would not do the same. They'll get the info from the same place. The initial loading into Garmin would just take longer via Connect instead of Express.

I think what takes so long with Connect is that it seems to read all the stored files and then decides what each is (load previous, new file, etc), whereas Express just looks for and grabs newer ones since the last time. You can delete the history off the device every now and then, and Connect will go noticeably quicker.

2014-09-30 2:13 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

Maybe because it's premium? I wonder if I can switch it to regular and retain my data?

That's what I thought as well. Get in touch with TP and they should be able to retain your stuff. The only reason I use them is because it comes with the Timex and I want to have the data available to a coach if I ever go that route. OK, so that's 2 reasons. 

Best to check with TP to be sure, but I think they save all the files & entries in there. I think you'll still have access to it after dropping the subscription, just with reduced analysis tools as the free level is more basic. I haven't loaded anything into mine in maybe a year(?) and it's all still there, though I never had a paid for account.

I think that since the info from TP to BT is pretty basic I'll just do it manually until BT learns to talk to Garmin Connect.

I believe that might be up and running. Settings: Training Log Settings: Device Uploads.

Really?!  *ears perk up* This might give me reason to upload my workouts to Garmin again instead of just Strava, then manually entering them here.  My Garmin Connect transfer via ANT goes sooooo slllooooooooowwwww from my 910, so I rarely do it anymore.

Interesting. I upload to Garmin Connect then it auto synchs with Strava, and now hopefully with BT. Guess I'll know tomorrow.

I should know later today. Treadmill run yesterday, so no Garmin data. Another member had it work fine for him earlier. And just so everyone has the names straight, it's the Garmin Express Program to install as that's the newer super fast one. Even the larger bike files can load before I even open up the site here!

Hmmmm. That could be a problem. My home computer doesn't play nice with Garmin Express.

Since Strava uploads ok for you then I see no reason BT would not do the same. They'll get the info from the same place. The initial loading into Garmin would just take longer via Connect instead of Express.

I think what takes so long with Connect is that it seems to read all the stored files and then decides what each is (load previous, new file, etc), whereas Express just looks for and grabs newer ones since the last time. You can delete the history off the device every now and then, and Connect will go noticeably quicker.

Sooper irritating for me lately on this front.  Lost all but like three runs from my 910 (including Saturday's when I ran up a mountain and back down - a very tough 6 miles that I was jonesing to get on STRAVA... ahem, anyway). 

Since then, I've reinstalled a couple Garmin programs, soft resent the 910, installed OSX on the Mac, redid the first few things and still can't get Garmin Connect to even see anything from my 910.

So, while I have all but that one Saturday run on Strava and here, I didn't put them on training peaks and am not sure if the ANT stick has them or not.

This is the third or fourth time that a bunch of workouts (but not all and not even a set date range - just randomly MOST of them) have gone **POOF** from my or Kim's 910. 

Like I said, sooper irritating.  But at least it doesn't actually make the workout go away - only any objective evidence of it. 

OK, tangential rant/whine over. 

Matt

2014-09-30 2:23 PM
in reply to: mcmanusclan5

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by mcmanusclan5

Sooper irritating for me lately on this front.  Lost all but like three runs from my 910 (including Saturday's when I ran up a mountain and back down - a very tough 6 miles that I was jonesing to get on STRAVA... ahem, anyway). 

Since then, I've reinstalled a couple Garmin programs, soft resent the 910, installed OSX on the Mac, redid the first few things and still can't get Garmin Connect to even see anything from my 910.

So, while I have all but that one Saturday run on Strava and here, I didn't put them on training peaks and am not sure if the ANT stick has them or not.

This is the third or fourth time that a bunch of workouts (but not all and not even a set date range - just randomly MOST of them) have gone **POOF** from my or Kim's 910. 

Like I said, sooper irritating.  But at least it doesn't actually make the workout go away - only any objective evidence of it. 

Matt

Glad to know this is not a Timex-centric issue. I sent it back and had them repair it. For $9 I have a fully functinal GPS watch. Now to solve the upload dance with some Tapariik type magic. Strava and Timex are not on speaking terms from a device perspective.

This would be much easier with Salty's outlook on things. I believe my thought process should be "run more and think less."

2014-09-30 2:27 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master

Cripes!  Glad to hear the dude is in jail, Adrienne.  Glad to hear Stevie will be okay as well.  Is it Geriatric Vestibular Syndrome?  We just went through this with my moms dog.  Sucks for them and their people!  And super big congrats to J!

2014-09-30 2:40 PM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by IronOx

Cripes!  Glad to hear the dude is in jail, Adrienne.  Glad to hear Stevie will be okay as well.  Is it Geriatric Vestibular Syndrome?  We just went through this with my moms dog.  Sucks for them and their people!  And super big congrats to J!

Yes that is it! It was so scary! I was a mess this morning before the vet calmed me down, letting me know it wasn't as scary as it looked. Plus I feel like a crazy person walking around doing normal people things (like going to the vet) with my busted face. I just assume everyone thinks I am a thug.

Poor Stevie though. Ugh. Somehow she found the energy and balance to eat the food the vet had though, I think she is going to be ok

2014-09-30 2:57 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Yes that is it! It was so scary! I was a mess this morning before the vet calmed me down, letting me know it wasn't as scary as it looked. Plus I feel like a crazy person walking around doing normal people things (like going to the vet) with my busted face. I just assume everyone thinks I am a thug.

Poor Stevie though. Ugh. Somehow she found the energy and balance to eat the food the vet had though, I think she is going to be ok

I know--even knowing what it is is scary!!  My mom called me late one night, saying her dog couldn't stand up, her legs wouldn't work.  Went to the emerg clinic and texted me that the tech saw 'something with her eyes' and I knew right away.  Poor thing didn't eat for about 5 days, so glad Stevie is not having that issue.  My mom's dog started about 8-10 weeks ago, and still has a head tilt, so it can take a long time for them to get back to normal.

Anyone who matters knows that you are not a thug; just one tough bad azz woman who don't take 5h!t .  What a crummy week for you guys!

Edited by IronOx 2014-09-30 2:58 PM

2014-09-30 3:02 PM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

I know--even knowing what it is is scary!!  My mom called me late one night, saying her dog couldn't stand up, her legs wouldn't work.  Went to the emerg clinic and texted me that the tech saw 'something with her eyes' and I knew right away.  Poor thing didn't eat for about 5 days, so glad Stevie is not having that issue.  My mom's dog started about 8-10 weeks ago, and still has a head tilt, so it can take a long time for them to get back to normal.

Anyone who matters knows that you are not a thug; just one tough bad azz woman who don't take 5h!t .  What a crummy week for you guys!

Too true!!!!!!!!!!!

2014-09-30 3:46 PM
in reply to: mcmanusclan5

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.

Matt

I've been having the same problems, losing workouts that are there, still on my watch, Express hanging for ages uploading a simple workout etc.
I've now reverted back to ant agent again until they sort it out. I really wish they'd give the software side of the business over to another company to deal with.
2014-09-30 3:50 PM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.
Chris, no thoughts on new trainers yet. Still got two road daps up and running along with two pairs of trail shoes. One pair of roadies will be due for renewal in 2 months or so, currently on about 400 miles. Not sure what I'm getting, whatever's cheap
2014-09-30 3:52 PM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by Richardsdrr

Matt

I've been having the same problems, losing workouts that are there, still on my watch, Express hanging for ages uploading a simple workout etc. I've now reverted back to ant agent again until they sort it out. I really wish they'd give the software side of the business over to another company to deal with.

From what I've gathered, there's been a problem with the Garmin Express program and the Garmin Connect website and the problem is not actually with the individual devices.  Either that or a whole bunch of Garmin devices of all sorts started having problems at the same time.  My guess is that it has something to do with the changeover to the new Garmin Connect site from the "Classic" version to the new one (which I'm not fond of, BTW).  I have to admit, I'm considering getting a different brand of device because I've had so many problems with my 310.

2014-09-30 4:50 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Seattle

Oh yeah, I am going to plug myself. I am in a photo contest that involves winning beer.

http://www.fremontbrewing.com/canpaign

my photo is #1 and for some perspective, I nearly peed my pants taking the picture

They don't even let people up on the bridge anymore because it's so dangerous. It's almost 400' high and no rails! 

2014-09-30 5:08 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Oh yeah, I am going to plug myself. I am in a photo contest that involves winning beer.

my photo is #1 and for some perspective, I nearly peed my pants taking the picture

They don't even let people up on the bridge anymore because it's so dangerous. It's almost 400' high and no rails! 

I saw this on Instagram and was going to ask you how to vote. Thanks for the reminder

2014-09-30 5:17 PM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Funny how quiet BT gets as quittin' time rolls across the US

2014-09-30 5:23 PM

User image

Denver, CO

The picture above is amazing and yet more confirmation of your bad-azzness!!   Hope you win.  I should think you'd need a few beers after climbing up and down that thing!

2014-09-30 5:25 PM

User image

Denver, CO

I hadn't put that together, but that totally makes sense.  And here we are, still "slaving" away....

2014-09-30 5:38 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

hahaha, I don't know what you mean!!

2014-09-30 5:59 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by amd723

hahaha, I don't know what you mean!!

That's because you don't HAVE a quitting time.

2014-09-30 6:03 PM

User image

Master

Voted because you HAVE to ride in a Beer Patrol car whose mission is "to ferment and serve".

2014-09-30 6:05 PM

User image

Master

Originally posted by laffinrock

I hadn't put that together, but that totally makes sense.  And here we are, still "slaving" away....

It's also funny how chatty it is waaaaay before I get out of bed.

2014-09-30 6:18 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

very cool.  vote done.

2014-09-30 6:20 PM

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by laffinrock

Originally posted by Richardsdrr

Matt

I've been having the same problems, losing workouts that are there, still on my watch, Express hanging for ages uploading a simple workout etc. I've now reverted back to ant agent again until they sort it out. I really wish they'd give the software side of the business over to another company to deal with.

From what I've gathered, there's been a problem with the Garmin Express program and the Garmin Connect website and the problem is not actually with the individual devices.  Either that or a whole bunch of Garmin devices of all sorts started having problems at the same time.  My guess is that it has something to do with the changeover to the new Garmin Connect site from the "Classic" version to the new one (which I'm not fond of, BTW).  I have to admit, I'm considering getting a different brand of device because I've had so many problems with my 310.

Can anyone remind me how to use/get into ant agent and get the files directly?  I tried for like a half hour (that I didn't have) yesterday and just got frustrated...  Would be nice to rescue that workout that went poof!

When I click the little ant head and look at status, all it has is a link to GC (helpful... NOT), but I couldn't find the folder where I think all the files are.

Thanks for any help.

Matt

2014-10-01 12:20 AM

User image

Melon Presser

Why am I not surprised? Done! Fachin' amazing picture, with or without the can.

2014-10-01 2:21 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.
Matt, I had a problem finding the file location before. Easiest way I found them was using:

Windows:

Click the Windows Start menu / Windows Logo icon
Click Run
On Windows Vista / 7, users can type run in the search box and press enter
Type %appdata% into the Run box
Click OK
(Windows Vista / 7 will automatically go to the Roaming folder)
Open Garmin
Open Devices
Open the Unit ID folder
Open History1

Mac:

Open Finder
Click Go from the Menu bar
Press and hold the Option key on the keyboard
Click Library
Open Applications Support
Open Garmin
Open Devices
Open the Unit ID folder
Open History1
2014-10-01 6:57 AM

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

I would have been having a painc attack to be that high up even if there had been solid rails.  Gorgeous picture and I did vote on the FB post.

2014-10-01 8:37 AM
in reply to: QueenZipp

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.
Just uploaded to Garmin after linking BT to it, and, it works a treat :-)
New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  

of 103

RELATED POSTS

Funked Up Triathletes - Season 2 - Olympic/Sprint Focus - Closed Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27

Started by funkj25
Views: 42785 Posts: 669

2018-01-16 11:34 PM aviatrix802

Baowolf's Fun In the Sun Mentor Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30

Started by Baowolf
Views: 37747 Posts: 743

2015-03-16 2:42 AM scubabrad02

Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 73061 Posts: 2488

2014-07-30 9:43 AM IndoIronYanti

Slornow and Wannabefaster's Summer Group-CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54

Started by slornow
Views: 50807 Posts: 1331

2014-12-18 10:15 PM wannabefaster

Todd's Tri Turtles 3 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) Basically Closed Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23

Started by Hunting Triathlete
Views: 25960 Posts: 569

2014-12-14 7:18 PM cassowary
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.