General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri'umphant Losers - Support Thread starting 9/18 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 10

2006-10-02 3:41 PM
in reply to: #558072

User image

Master
Granvile, Ohio
Subject: RE: Tri'umphant Losers - Support Thread starting 9/18
kathie - 2006-10-02 4:08 PM

i found a new weightwatchers group today.. the old one interferes with my swim training and besides that i wasn't too happy with the groupleader anyways cuz she didn't care about anything but her points and sports weren't much important to her...

so the new group is kinda cool... they're meeting in a old folks home (what's the correct word for that??)... the new group leader calculated my points again and without the extra ones for sports  i got 2 more than with the other gl. so now i'm supposed to eat 23 points a day.. i have no clue how to do that.. i'll be eating constantly lmao

but she said maybe that's why i'm not losing any weight lately... lots of workout and not enough food might make my body store every crumb it gets... so i'll try it for a week or two and see what happens... worst that can happen is that i gain another pound or two but that i can lose as fast as i gained it..

Kathie

Good for you Kathie!  I lost 50 lbs on WW, but did it on line without the group help and didn't bother working out much.  My flabby body is still paying for that!  I think one of the hardest things to do is to eat MORE calories.  If you're not eating enough though, you'll be surprised at the results!  Give it a really strong-effort try for a week and see what happens - if you're anything like me, you'll be VERY happy cause you can eat more yummy fruits, veggies, & lean proteins!
Tammy

Edited by tnickerson 2006-10-02 3:42 PM

2006-10-02 3:46 PM
in reply to: #544049

User image

Master
Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
Hey, can anyone get to Kathy G's training log? I can't... did I miss something?
2006-10-02 4:09 PM

User image

Expert
Orlando, FL
I checked in with her...she's taking a sabatical from the BT logs while she's on her 'off training season' for a little while. She said she's doing great, and I bet we'll hear from her soon! (After all, she did pinkie swear!)

Thanks for keeping such good track of us and supporting everyone Michelle, you just are our heart and soul here!

Annabanana
2006-10-02 6:46 PM

User image

Master
I'm glad to hear all is well with Kathy, our intrepid leader!

Well, I'm in pain, my husband brought a bunch of junk back from the grocery store, and I'm wondering how I'm going to keep losing weight without any workouts. Sounds like it's going to be a doozy of a night.

How many calories does thumb-wrestling burn, anyone know?

Hope everyone had a good Monday!

Edited by TBZ 2006-10-02 6:46 PM
2006-10-02 7:14 PM
in reply to: #558130

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cotati, CA
tnickerson - 2006-10-02 1:41 PM
kathie - 2006-10-02 4:08 PM

i found a new weightwatchers group today.. the old one interferes with my swim training and besides that i wasn't too happy with the groupleader anyways cuz she didn't care about anything but her points and sports weren't much important to her...

so the new group is kinda cool... they're meeting in a old folks home (what's the correct word for that??)... the new group leader calculated my points again and without the extra ones for sports  i got 2 more than with the other gl. so now i'm supposed to eat 23 points a day.. i have no clue how to do that.. i'll be eating constantly lmao

but she said maybe that's why i'm not losing any weight lately... lots of workout and not enough food might make my body store every crumb it gets... so i'll try it for a week or two and see what happens... worst that can happen is that i gain another pound or two but that i can lose as fast as i gained it..

Kathie

Good for you Kathie!  I lost 50 lbs on WW, but did it on line without the group help and didn't bother working out much.  My flabby body is still paying for that!  I think one of the hardest things to do is to eat MORE calories.  If you're not eating enough though, you'll be surprised at the results!  Give it a really strong-effort try for a week and see what happens - if you're anything like me, you'll be VERY happy cause you can eat more yummy fruits, veggies, & lean proteins!
Tammy

I did WW for awhile and have had good and bad experiences.  For sure it has to do with the leader.  On the bad side, the very first group I went to had a leader that basically discounted weight loss by men, saying that because we have more muscle, it is easier to lose.  So I dropped my first 10 pounds, went up for my chip or whatever they did, and she told the group that "Jim has lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks....good job but it is easier for me".  Basically discounted all my efforts.  My girlfriend was so furious and I was pretty defeated.  We walked out.

Joined another group about 3 years later and it was great.  Good positive leader, supportive fellow watchers and a decent meeting room.  Lost about 25 pounds but stopped going when they moved to a new location that was harder for me to get to.

What I liked about it was I could eat pretty smart on the CORE plan.  I wasn't much into points but I learned about them....and know I noticed that I am beginning to think in points again.

2006-10-02 7:16 PM
in reply to: #558300

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cotati, CA

TBZ - 2006-10-02 4:46 PM I'm glad to hear all is well with Kathy, our intrepid leader! Well, I'm in pain, my husband brought a bunch of junk back from the grocery store, and I'm wondering how I'm going to keep losing weight without any workouts. Sounds like it's going to be a doozy of a night. How many calories does thumb-wrestling burn, anyone know? Hope everyone had a good Monday!

Hey, I hear that foot massages by your significant other burns calories!

2006-10-02 7:36 PM
in reply to: #557325

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cotati, CA

reefteach - 2006-10-02 5:30 AM Gaia- I have a similar appraoach to balancing food/exercise. I love vigerous exercise, and am finding more time for it. I don't restrict my diet in major ways. I find that I crave good food the harder I work out. It wants good fuel. Except at the end of day, when it wants a beer or wine to wind down (Split a bottle of '98 Opus One last night. Wife celebrating being able to, having just delivered daughter #2 3 weeks ago.mmmmmm) 5:45am spins class was great. 2 day workouts in 2 days.

mmmmmmmm.....just thinking about that wine.  Night time eating is a huge struggle for me as well.  Finally sitting down after the day with the kids in bed....bring on the snacks and wine.  You know, wheat thins and Cojack cheese with a glass or two of red....opps, wait, wrong forum for this fantasy chat....busted!!!!!

Congrats on the new addition! I have 2 daughters....two daddy's girls.  Oldest wants to complete the tri with me, the youngest can't imagine even bothering.....

Edited by gaiaserver 2006-10-02 7:38 PM
2006-10-02 7:38 PM

Regular
Delaware
Hi All,

Well, my yard sale got rained out. Only made a lousy $45. Gave what I didn't sell to Goodwill so I don't have to worry about any more. Didn't do to badly with the food this weekend. We ordered out Saturday night and I ordered a salad and a Kid-size pasta W/2 meatballs. Did pretty good today, except at lunchtime. But have been increasing my veggies the last several days and that always makes me feel better. I wanted a cookie today and couldn't finish it because it too sweet!
Imagine that! Wish that would happen everytime! lol

Kathie - I've found that journaling my food intake really makes me change my eating habits. Especially if I have a person that holds me accountable for my actions. It makes me think twice about killing a whole bag of Oreos, which would be followed by a 1/2 gallon of milk (skim of course)!

TBZ - Kudos on your first Tri! Hope you have a speedy recovery from your surgery. My DH doesn't have his surgery scheduled yet. We're guessing that it will be the end of this month.

Still having a hard time getting back to the exercise.
2006-10-02 8:11 PM
in reply to: #558300

User image

Master
Granvile, Ohio
TBZ - 2006-10-02 7:46 PM I'm glad to hear all is well with Kathy, our intrepid leader! Well, I'm in pain, my husband brought a bunch of junk back from the grocery store, and I'm wondering how I'm going to keep losing weight without any workouts. Sounds like it's going to be a doozy of a night. How many calories does thumb-wrestling burn, anyone know? Hope everyone had a good Monday!

I think that being in pain burns LOTS of calories.....  Sounds like you already have enough to worry about.  Will it be such a big deal if you gain a couple of pounds over the next month?  IMHO - I think you should not worry about eating too much right now and when you're feeling better, we'll all pitch in and make sure you get back on the straight and narrow!  Hope you feel better soon.....
2006-10-02 8:26 PM

User image

Master
I think that being in pain burns LOTS of calories..... Sounds like you already have enough to worry about. Will it be such a big deal if you gain a couple of pounds over the next month? IMHO - I think you should not worry about eating too much right now and when you're feeling better, we'll all pitch in and make sure you get back on the straight and narrow! Hope you feel better soon.....

I know you're making sense, but darn, I'd really like to keep at least a slight downward trend, you know? I will try not to obsess over it too much, but I'll should try to stay mainly on the straight-and-narrow.

Don't tell me that pain burns calories -- some days I want to lose so bad I might be willing to poke myself in the eye a few times! I kid, I kid!

'Night all, talk at you tomorrow!

2006-10-02 9:02 PM

User image

Champion
MA

Sorry guys to be quiet....I just need some time away. I'm on day 16 of no training which has done my body a world of good. Keeping active on BT kept my mind on tri's and tri training to much. My mind needed a break just as much as my body if not more.

Tomorrow I start easy training again

Tomorrow adaptation strength training which is like warm up to real strength training next month...oh & I'll get good and sore. My daughters Emily-11 & Shasha-10 hope to do it with me too which is fun. I'm bringing my bike to work and will ride during lunch. Last week I checked out routes to do...and figured a pretty safe way to ride home...20 miles....I work at the top of a big hill....will make riding fun!

After being hungry all the time for about 10 days I figured out I was eating to many good carbs plain without any protein and maybe not training factored in to that. I started having snacks of protein w/fewer carb my hunger is gone. I did have a couple of bad eating days and went crazy...ate everything I wanted one day....it was bad, but back on the program again. I reread the South Beach book and my normal diet is less liberal than their phase 2. I hadn't had a bad spell like that in a long time. To many changes at once...new job, working full time, last tri of the season, husband traveling, no tri training, no endorphins, shorter days as I tend to get blue in the fall, and well I learned a lot about myself too. Training has been sort of the stable block of my life that other good things grow out of ...take it away I felt off kilter. Reality is I'm the same person with or without tri training racing. My husband and my coach helped me through this bad patch.

I probably will make my blog public in the next week..you can always PM me. I'm logging what I'm doing. I pinky swore and I'll keep at it.

2006-10-03 4:27 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Munich, Germany

good morning

well it's raining like crazy so no bike ride today

surprisingly i'm not too sore from the gym yesterday... and my muscle ache in the legs (from horseback riding on sunday) is gone too i really need to start stretching after horseback riding too.. i never thought of it, but it's sports too... just like running... just more dangerous lol

since i can't go for the bike ride i decided to go swimming today... it's about time for me to check out the pool - i've never seen it... shame on me!!

i even dreamed about the pool and the swim training last night... not a very pleasant dream!!! i think i'm scared...  

2006-10-03 4:45 AM

User image

Expert
Orlando, FL

COME POST ON THE NEW THREAD!
2006-10-05 10:47 AM

User image

molto veloce mama
hey tri'umphant losers! i froze this thread since a new one has been started. please click on the link above for the new thread!
New Thread
CLOSED
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri'umphant Losers - Support Thread starting 9/18 Rss Feed  

of 10